Glasgow City Council are catholics..

ricksen_da_best

I have read quite a few posts recently concerning this and as a catholic I feel that the feeling im getting from others is that I shouldn't be supporting Rangers because of my religion. People that are as dim as you and create pathetic topics like this obviously do not realise Rangers are world wide more than one race and more than one religion remember that.

WATP

No mate, I disagree.

First and foremost, Rangers FC are a Protestant Club.

All this "more than one race and religion" nonsense only comes up when someone feels offended.

"More Than A Club" - that's what we are. The main reason for this is our fans strong religious identity.

I'm not saying we don't welcome other religions - I go to all games with an Indian Sikh for Christs sake and even he understands we are a Protestant Club and accepts the fact that Non - Protestants are in the huge minority...

Stop posting tripe about getting the feeling you are not allowed to support Rangers FC because you are Catholic. You are more than welcome - but just don't expect us to bend over backwards and treat you like some God for doing so.

i have to disagree with the highlighted above, we used to be that but not now, yes we have religious history but i seriously think that has changed. People nowadays are not sheep like they were in the past, they question views instead of blindly following them. We are a multi cultural and multi religious club that has changed for the better imo.

Buddy - if you were in the "know" then just by looking at the people around you you would be well aware that the vast majority of people who attend Ibrox on a matchday are Protestant.

But, you're entitled to think what you do although I do believe you are merely "hoping" you are right.

Wow, you can tell what religion someone is by merely looking at them? You are good!

Not only by looking at them - by watching them.

As I said - if you were in the know and all that which you clearly aint

:rangers:

No, I just have an open mind mate - I took my diversity classes some time ago. Classes you would do well to attend it sems

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh aye - and to answer the people saying that Glasgow City Council are NOT Catholics, I'm afraid to say that they are indeed mostly made of people from the Catholic religion.

If you need names and other such details just hit their website and look for yourself.

Too many "Gerry's" , "Doyle's" and "Fergus's" there which implies there are many people from Irish decent infiltrating that place.

And now you can tell someones religion from their name

Jesus Wept! Please help us all!

Erm - YES I can tell someone's religion from their name most of the time.

You trying to tell me that "Gerry", "Doyle" and "Fergus" are not predominantly Catholic names? Because we both know they are and no sugar coating will change that fact.

Is Gerry Marsden a Catholic? My last name is Ferguson - derived from Fergus, that make me a catholic?

Just utter BS - verging on the ridiculous and if not racist, then certainly ignorant

Big Marv is full of wind and pish. In order to debate, you need to share your knowledge and research to back it up - of which Big Marv claims to have tonnes. But Big Marv prefers to kep it to himself as if to demonstrate his superior intellect. How surprising that he's unwilling to share it. Could it be because all he has to share is wind and pish?

If I wasn't so thick skinned I would be complaining to mods (like some) about having personal insults branded at me :unsure:

Anyway - I am quite happy to show the facts. But I will not show them to someone who has obviously not done his own research on the subject and is instead making assumptions.

Nothing to do with intellect. It's do with the debate and the facts and figures I have will remain in my hands until the time is right to share them with him.

Now - you want in on this debate? Then add something of value instead of jumping on the coattails of other posters.

after the post you made earlier i feel you have a bit of a cheek saying this to anyone

Big Marv is full of wind and pish. In order to debate, you need to share your knowledge and research to back it up - of which Big Marv claims to have tonnes. But Big Marv prefers to kep it to himself as if to demonstrate his superior intellect. How surprising that he's unwilling to share it. Could it be because all he has to share is wind and pish?

If I wasn't so thick skinned I would be complaining to mods (like some) about having personal insults branded at me :unsure:

Anyway - I am quite happy to show the facts. But I will not show them to someone who has obviously not done his own research on the subject and is instead making assumptions.

Nothing to do with intellect. It's do with the debate and the facts and figures I have will remain in my hands until the time is right to share them with him.

Now - you want in on this debate? Then add something of value instead of jumping on the coattails of other posters.

after the post you made earlier i feel you have a bit of a cheek saying this to anyone

Irony is obviously lost on you then. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

as for this thread it still has no concrete evidence to prove the original post, and i fear it never will. It is all made up rubbish that some of our fans are taken in by. Lets show how much better we are than them, leave the conspiracies over in the eastend and lets deal with facts ;)

Irony - is that what you do to your shirty's?

yeah :rolleyes:

as for this thread it still has no concrete evidence to prove the original post, and i fear it never will. It is all made up rubbish that some of our fans are taken in by. Lets show how much better we are than them, leave the conspiracies over in the eastend and lets deal with facts ;)

yeah, thats the crux of the matter here - allegations and rumours ahve been made and reported on here as factual - when in fact it looks like some of our own were taken in somewhat.

Oh aye - and to answer the people saying that Glasgow City Council are NOT Catholics, I'm afraid to say that they are indeed mostly made of people from the Catholic religion.

If you need names and other such details just hit their website and look for yourself.

Too many "Gerry's" , "Doyle's" and "Fergus's" there which implies there are many people from Irish decent infiltrating that place.

You trying to tell me that "Gerry", "Doyle" and "Fergus" are not predominantly Catholic names? Because we both know they are and no sugar coating will change that fact.

Is Gerry Marsden a Catholic? My last name is Ferguson - derived from Fergus, that make me a catholic?

Just utter BS - verging on the ridiculous and if not racist, then certainly ignorant

Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that names are not a good indicator of religion?

Seriously?

What religion would you say someone called Mohammed Bin Abdul Aziz would be?

What religion would you say Abraham Ahuva would be?

What religion would you say Luke Williams would be?

What religion would you say Fergus O' Macshane would be?

You see... names more often than not derive from Religion and therefore I can make the educated guess what religion people belong to (or have a family history of belonging to) by looking at their names.

Racist? Why? For stating the obvious?

Is this RM Out A Racist Day or something?

And let's continue on the downward spiral of apathy, carpet sweeping and delusion then instead.

Look at the state our Club is in. It is because people are scared to take action and say what they really think. It's because the new age Rangers fan is not made of the same metal as the old school Ranger fan.

It's disgusting.

This thread is in danger of getting closed or removed thanks to the bickering and insults flying around. Kindly discuss the subject without the personal attacks. Thank you.

I would have thought the best time to close this thread was when Brain of Britain called someone a fucking cumbucket. But maybe Im just sensitive that way!

:rolleyes:

yeah, thats the crux of the matter here - allegations and rumours ahve been made and reported on here as factual - when in fact it looks like some of our own were taken in somewhat.

That's not the crux of the matter at all.

The crux is that over the past decade GCC have pandered to the Filth in the East End - from handing them the ground for their stadium for a PENNY right up to this new Commonwealth Games fiasco.

The crux is that over the past decade new style Rangers Fans have sat back stewed in apathy and ignored everything that was going.

The crux is that the original poster was right - no matter how much you play Devils Advocate.

The crux is - if we continue to lie down and take this shit it is only going to get worse.

This thread is in danger of getting closed or removed thanks to the bickering and insults flying around. Kindly discuss the subject without the personal attacks. Thank you.

I would have thought the best time to close this thread was when Brain of Britain called someone a fucking cumbucket. But maybe Im just sensitive that way!

:rolleyes:

Teacher! Teacher! He called me a bad name :craphead:

It's only a wee term of endearment pal - nothing to get offended by or wound up about.

Take it on the chin.

Ding, ding round... oh I've lost count.

As has been stated in this thread wheres the evidence to back up the claims made. I've posted in other threads and provided evidence that no upgrades are planned. Unless anyone can provide evidence to back up what has been said I will not be believing it

Wait a minute. Are you trying to tell me that names are not a good indicator of religion?

Seriously?

***I could not answer, as I would have to make an assumption - to answer without knowing shows ignorance at best***

****Same as above****

****Same as above*****

****Same as above****

****Now, I could guess on which nationality those people were but to impose a religion on someone ebcause of their name is wrong. It is no different than imposing a religion on them because of their skin color. Quite frankly, I fond it offensive. *****

You see... names more often than not derive from Religion and therefore I can make the educated guess what religion people belong to (or have a family history of belonging to) by looking at their names.

***Quite often? I would say in some cases, they are. But then you are saying that you can tell the religion of ALL the members of GCC?****

****No, for saying someone is a catholic because of their name - but anyway, I said I think, "if nto racist, certainly ignorant. So not calling you racist, just ignorant****

That's not the crux of the matter at all.

The crux is that over the past decade GCC have pandered to the Filth in the East End - from handing them the ground for their stadium for a PENNY right up to this new Commonwealth Games fiasco.

The crux is that over the past decade new style Rangers Fans have sat back stewed in apathy and ignored everything that was going.

The crux is that the original poster was right - no matter how much you play Devils Advocate.

The crux is - if we continue to lie down and take this shit it is only going to get worse.

Lie down to what though - the allegations on this thread are unfounded. Just unfounded. It even looks like you acknowledge this as you seem to have dropped this line of attack and now focussing on the wider issue fo the defence of traditions.

So are you now accepting the Celtic Park will not be upgraded to a 80k seated 5 star stadium as part of the Commonwealth Games improvements?

And let's continue on the downward spiral of apathy, carpet sweeping and delusion then instead.

Look at the state our Club is in. It is because people are scared to take action and say what they really think. It's because the new age Rangers fan is not made of the same metal as the old school Ranger fan.

It's disgusting.

your posts never cease to amaze me,

Apathy is a state of indifference — where an individual has an absence of interest or concern to certain aspects of emotional, social, or physical life.

Apathy can be object-specific — toward a person, activity or environment. It is a common reaction to stress where it manifests as "learned helplessness" and is commonly associated with depression. It can also reflect a non-pathological lack of interest in things one does not consider important.

how can i be delusional about something that you cannot prove, i am not sweeping anything under the carpet as i have said before if you show me the evidence you have regards this accusation i will happily look into it and admit i am wrong until then there is only one person who is being delusional.

Ding, ding round... oh I've lost count.

As has been stated in this thread wheres the evidence to back up the claims made. I've posted in other threads and provided evidence that no upgrades are planned. Unless anyone can provide evidence to back up what has been said I will not be believing it

I typed this in 'celtic park commonwealth games upgrade' to Google and couldn't find any news of any upgrade to CP

Seriously?

Hold on a minute. Is that your evidence? The fact that someone's name could possibly be derived from Irish heritage? I thought you said you had REAL facts to back up your oppinion.

Let me tell you something mate, the Chief Executive of Glasgow City Council is Mr George Black. He is Church of Scotland. So there you go, your theory is invalid because clearly not all of the GCC officials are Catholic. And yes, i did do some research.

Out of 137 hierarchy officials at Glasgow City Council only around 50 of them have names which could be construed as being of Irish descent. Now that, by your reasoning would mean that the majority are Protestant, but i am not so shallow-minded so therefore won't make that assumption.

These 137 officials include Justices of the Peace and the major Officials. I do not include elected members such as councillors. That is because the chances of every councillor that is elected to Glasgow City Council being a Roman Catholic is very slim and near impossible.

And just to put the icing on the cake with your theory that names are an indicator of religion then what religion doyou believe the following names are from:

Mohammed Hamayun

Hanzal Malik

Khalil Malik

Rev Chi Khen Pan

Abdul Rashid

Maqbul Rashul

Mohammed Razaq

Muhammed Shaoib

Are all of those names ceertainties to be of the Catholic Religion? I am sure the Rev Chi Khen Pan will be thrilled that you believe he is a Catholic. All of these names are Justices of the Peace for Glasgow and are influencial figures in Glasgow City Council.

And just incase you dispute this, here is the link:

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/YourCouncil/K...icesofthePeace/

i was going by word of the mouth..

as far as i was concerned i thought it was all confirmed :unsure:

(tu)

That Glasgow City Council are full of Catholics or that CP is to be upgaded, you didn't specify?

i was going by word of the mouth..

as far as i was concerned i thought it was all confirmed :unsure:

(tu)

That Glasgow City Council are full of Catholics or that CP is to be upgaded, you didn't specify?

celtic park was going to be upgraded..

Just so we know (tu)

Seriously?

Hold on a minute. Is that your evidence? The fact that someone's name could possibly be derived from Irish heritage? I thought you said you had REAL facts to back up your oppinion.

Let me tell you something mate, the Chief Executive of Glasgow City Council is Mr George Black. He is Church of Scotland. So there you go, your theory is invalid because clearly not all of the GCC officials are Catholic. And yes, i did do some research.

Out of 137 hierarchy officials at Glasgow City Council only around 50 of them have names which could be construed as being of Irish descent. Now that, by your reasoning would mean that the majority are Protestant, but i am not so shallow-minded so therefore won't make that assumption.

These 137 officials include Justices of the Peace and the major Officials. I do not include elected members such as councillors. That is because the chances of every councillor that is elected to Glasgow City Council being a Roman Catholic is very slim and near impossible.

And just to put the icing on the cake with your theory that names are an indicator of religion then what religion doyou believe the following names are from:

Mohammed Hamayun

Hanzal Malik

Khalil Malik

Rev Chi Khen Pan

Abdul Rashid

Maqbul Rashul

Mohammed Razaq

Muhammed Shaoib

Are all of those names ceertainties to be of the Catholic Religion? I am sure the Rev Chi Khen Pan will be thrilled that you believe he is a Catholic. All of these names are Justices of the Peace for Glasgow and are influencial figures in Glasgow City Council.

And just incase you dispute this, here is the link:

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/YourCouncil/K...icesofthePeace/

Where did I ever say that everyone in GCC were Catholics?

I said that there are a majority of Catholics in GCC in positions of power and more importantly with positions of power they are willing to exploit for the good of Celtic Football Club.