Is Hutton irreplaceable?

Danny

We are going to find out what life without Hutton is like soon - while his form has been good this season - he has been booked 6 times I think - so is racking up points that will see him serve a disciplinary suspension. So who do you want to see at right back when that happens (and it will be soon)?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone should stop and take a deep breath. To suggest that a team would pay 10 million for AH is ridiculous;

Finz, I give you Craig Gordon who never played in the CL.

a year ago most people on here wanted him punted and the maniac from manure to get a second chance in the RB slot!

100% irrelevant. Hutton has been doing it now for a year. What went before matters not.

AH needs to spend more time at Ibrox developing his game, proving that he can do it week in week out whilst improving.

Done. Next?

I dont need to mention a certain RB from the other side of the city that was marauding through teams each week (incl against CL teams) only to be easily dealt with as he was found to be a 1 trick pony. The dhims were expecting mega million bids from all over Europe, only for wee deedee to be left on football's scrapheap.

Didn't he get injured and lose his place accordingly? Eventually he came back but was never the same player.

AH needs to show that he can handle more aspects to his game, and adapt accordingly; and do it for a number of seasons. Only then will we see the mega bucks offers flooding in.

The world has only known Daniel Alvez for about a season or two at the most; Chelsea tried to get him for £22M - Sevilla held out. What is with this notion that they have to do it for like 3+ seasons?

I think that the lad is absolute quality, but the EPL and the likes dont like our league, and very seldom do SPL exports prove VFM down there (mainly due to Shellick flops) -

This is tripe - there is no higher or lower a success rate for SPL exports in England than there are from any other league.

For every Claudio Reyna there's a Samaras. For every GVB there's a Carvalho.

so AH would need to be a star consistently in the CL.

Done.

100% irrelevant. Hutton has been doing it now for a year. What went before matters not.

So you wont be holding any of his previous bad performances against him?

Of course. I won't judge him on any of them though ;)

I seriously can't think of a better right back attacking-wise in europe right now. It could just be a patch of form, but I don't think form lasts for a year. Good full backs are few and far between in this day and age.

Of course.

You will? Interesting. So how does this holding of bad performances against players manifest itself?

I seriously can't think of a better right back attacking-wise in europe right now. It could just be a patch of form, but I don't think form lasts for a year. Good full backs are few and far between in this day and age.

totally agree with this. He's the best right back around at the moment. He's proved it at international level with Scotland and in the Champions league against all comers. There WILL be bids in January, from Arsenal and maybe Chelsea no doubt. To think he's not ready or it won't happen then you are merely deluding yourselves.

I don't want to see him go but every player has his price. My only worry is that as past transfers go, minus Boomsong, we seem to sell on the cheap. A player that would fetch 10 million in any other country or maybe even club (see Celtic, Hibs and Hearts), we seem to accept 5 million. That truely fucvks me off.

If I were to sell Hutton it would be for no less that 10 to 12 million I wish Bain/Murray though along the same lines. But I truely don't want to see him go.

Of course.

Interesting.

I thought so.

Pathetic ain't it :)

Of course.

Interesting.

I thought so.

It is but I'd wish you would explain how this manifests itself. Surely it must involve judgement?

Of course.

Interesting.

I thought so.

It is but I'd wish you would explain how this manifests itself. Surely it must involve judgement?

Why do you wish me to explain it?

Why don't you say what you really want:

'I want you to say something stupid so I can pick holes in it and win the argument'.

Of course.

Interesting.

I thought so.

Why do you wish me to explain it?

Why don't you say what you really want:

'I want you to say something stupid so I can pick holes in it and win the argument'.

I don't want you to keep saying stupid things Danny.

But then it would only be you left doing it.

Well there you go, I say I don't want you to say stupid things...and do you listen? Do you fuck.

Well there you go, I say I don't want you to say stupid things...and do you listen? Do you fuck.

Your self righteousness and exaggeratedly inflated ego is worth the admission price alone. How much more sanctimonious and condescending are you going to get?

Your self righteousness and exaggeratedly inflated ego is worth the admission price alone. How much more sanctimonious and condescending are you going to get?

What are you blubbering about now? In what was is anything I said self righteous ,sanctimonious or in any way ego related? You know Danny...I think you must just say the first thing that comes in to your head as your making a right arse of it...again.

BTW...doesn't saying all those things break all your rules? LOL...I can imagine the reaction I'd get if I'd said that. Careful or you'll find yourself in trouble with the mods.

totally agree with this. He's the best right back around at the moment. He's proved it at international level with Scotland and in the Champions league against all comers. There WILL be bids in January, from Arsenal and maybe Chelsea no doubt. To think he's not ready or it won't happen then you are merely deluding yourselves.

I don't want to see him go but every player has his price. My only worry is that as past transfers go, minus Boomsong, we seem to sell on the cheap. A player that would fetch 10 million in any other country or maybe even club (see Celtic, Hibs and Hearts), we seem to accept 5 million. That truely fucvks me off.

If I were to sell Hutton it would be for no less that 10 to 12 million I wish Bain/Murray though along the same lines. But I truely don't want to see him go.

The people that we've sold on the cheap have generally been players that we want rid of. Hutton on the other hand, we really want to keep therefor it will take a bigger offer to even make us consider it.

I don't know why, but i cann't see him leaving in January.

Hutton is playing very well right now, and has done all of this year, but i still think he has more to prove not just in consistency, but in the quality he shows on field. That is, if he was to be labelled irreplaceable.

Currently i think he's worth around £5 million, 6 million tops, considering the current market, and the clubs that may be looking to buy him. This price may go up further though if there was a bidding war with a few premiership clubs.

However, i dont think he'll move yet, if at all.

Got to say though his value will always keep increasing if he continues to be part of Rangers teams getting to the last 16 of the CL.

Hutton is playing very well right now, and has done all of this year, but i still think he has more to prove not just in consistency, but in the quality he shows on field. That is, if he was to be labelled irreplaceable.

Currently i think he's worth around £5 million, 6 million tops, considering the current market, and the clubs that may be looking to buy him. This price may go up further though if there was a bidding war with a few premiership clubs.

However, i dont think he'll move yet, if at all.

Got to say though his value will always keep increasing if he continues to be part of Rangers teams getting to the last 16 of the CL.

I thin k the fact that its English clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs means that the starting price for Hutton would be no less than 10 mil.

F*cken right he is irreplaceable. He's one of the best RB's in Europe and to replace him would cost at least £10million.

I think Chelsea paid £5million for Belletti? He's 31 and is f*cken awful!

My main worry is that we sell him on the cheap and make Whittaker our no.1 RB. Why else would Smith pay £2million for a RB who is clearly not a midfielder?

I would cost millions to successfully replace him with a player of similar ability, more money than he would sell for I think.

Whats his contract situation ?

He signed a new five year deal in the summer coops (tu)

Cheers buddy, that one flew over my head !! :lol:

I would cost millions to successfully replace him with a player of similar ability, more money than he would sell for I think.

There was no hair to catch it! :lol:

There was no hair to catch it! :lol:

*tries to hold in laughter*