Davie Cooper in Gullit's all time dream team

BABearacus

http://www.<No links to this website>/sport/footbal...86908-20089809/

Nov 10 2007

RUUD GULLIT has paid Rangers legend Davie Cooper the ultimate compliment - by naming the late winger in his dream team.

Cooper joined the likes of Johan Cruyff, Diego Maradona and Marco van Basten in his all-time greats managed by top boss Sir Alex Ferguson. Full team: Peter Schmeichel; Manfred Kaltz, Franco Baresi, Marcel Desailly, Paolo Maldini; Kaka, Frank Rijkaard, Maradona, Cooper; Cruyff, van Basten.

Excerpt from Sky Sports Interview on the eve of Scotland v Holland, November, 2003

I read somewhere that in a Dutch interview you said that Davie Cooper was the most skilful player you have ever played against. Was that true?

Ruud: Oh yeah! That was a great player. A left-sided genius for Glasgow Rangers. He was such a great player - truly gifted.

Did you play against him many times?

Ruud: I played against him, yes. I played against him once when I was playing for Feyenoord in a friendly match at Ibrox - I remember it well. I saw this player and ever since then I have been following him from then on. What a gifted player he was...he was a real talent and had a gift alright. Wow, a great player

Not sure if Gullitt ever played against Coop but he did see him and said he was the most naturally gifted player he had seen and followed him and Rangers progress since.

Always said Coop should have played in Italy and although he was my Idol growing up i'm entitled to agree with him.Yes it was great he showed loyalty to us but alot of the years Coop was here the rest of the the team were fuckin rotten to put it mildly and would have been a world icon instead of just a Rangers one.