Over the top no game today don't you think ?

BLUEDIGNITY

I'm not unhappy about it for a few reasons, those that are left behind can train and attempt to gel better, there can even be a bounce game organised for them.

Those that are involved in the international will have more time to recover and unless it is a freak accident will be fit to play in a match that is probably one of the most important for Scotland in many years.

Finally, and most importantly, because we always seem to play shit straight after a CL match! :pipehorse:

I'm not unhappy about it for a few reasons, those that are left behind can train and attempt to gel better, there can even be a bounce game organised for them.

Those that are involved in the international will have more time to recover and unless it is a freak accident will be fit to play in a match that is probably one of the most important for Scotland in many years.

Finally, and most importantly, because we always seem to play shit straight after a CL match! :pipehorse:

I've seen plenty of these 'most important Scotland games for years' over the years and 99.9% of the time they end in tears, and this one will be the same! So sorry if I'm being a cynical grumpy old man but to me it's an inconvenience PiB !

I've seen plenty of these 'most important Scotland games for years' over the years and 99.9% of the time they end in tears, and this one will be the same! So sorry if I'm being a cynical grumpy old man but to me it's an inconvenience PiB !

And to me, fiquring out the title of your thread was an inconvenience! :pipehorse:

^^^Agreed. They have been building it up all week, then come Saturday Scotland go one nil up, lose a goal with 15 mins to go......and then attack the last 15 mins, hit the bar, hit the past, ball cleared off line.....Final Whistle......Scotland out......Ohhh so unluckly, next day Glorious Failures etc...... Can see it now......

Not too mention the fighting throughout scotland that night, after the Ukraine game, thats the most trouble ive seen in town in a while (people drinking all day) and we won!!!! Imagine what it will be like when we go out!!!!

And if any Rangers players get injured..... :angry2:

From a personal point of view, i was glad today was cancelled so that i could concentrate on attending the Remembrance Day parade.

I wonder why the club has not considered making a point of not playing on rememberence weekend before, with the club and its british links

From a personal point of view, i was glad today was cancelled so that i could concentrate on attending the Remembrance Day parade.

I wonder why the club has not considered making a point of not playing on rememberence weekend before, with the club and its british links

Thats why there was no objection from within the club, it suited to most because of Remembrance day, will still be an inconvenience but playin some pishy Wednesday night ? :sherlock:

Or maybe it was cancelled to cover up timmys antics during the minutes silence for rememberance :rolleyes:

Yes I like it ! Remembrance day game cancelled due to Scotlands hidden shame, hidden by the mhedia that is. Fear of Minutes Silence being desecrated by irish terrorist sympathisers in celtic tops sees Scottish game cancelled. :D:sherlock:

This is what I don't understand about football sometimes. How can you put an entire league on hiatus because of the view that professionals need the rest. It is there job. I don't get a rest in my work week just because I am some extra assignments to take care of.

This is what I don't understand about football sometimes. How can you put an entire league on hiatus because of the view that professionals need the rest. It is there job. I don't get a rest in my work week just because I am some extra assignments to take care of.

Exactly

IMO the whole thing is gonna blow up in our faces re: the Scotland game next week

^^^Agreed. They have been building it up all week, then come Saturday Scotland go one nil up, lose a goal with 15 mins to go......and then attack the last 15 mins, hit the bar, hit the past, ball cleared off line.....Final Whistle......Scotland out......Ohhh so unluckly, next day Glorious Failures etc...... Can see it now......

Not too mention the fighting throughout scotland that night, after the Ukraine game, thats the most trouble ive seen in town in a while (people drinking all day) and we won!!!! Imagine what it will be like when we go out!!!!

And if any Rangers players get injured..... :angry2:

if we do draw next week then we will not be out, not until the following Wed when the final games take place if italy win or draw their final game and France win or draw theirs If we lose we are def out if win we are def through

Correct don't understand it at all, professionals need rest don't think so ! And the league put on hold for it ? Balderdash ! :sherlock:

Exactly

IMO the whole thing is gonna blow up in our faces re: the Scotland game next week

You can put the pot on for it ! :sherlock:

I think you are right when people say players need a rest because they have played a game on a Wednesday and will not be able to play at their best on a Saturday, but the main reason for the old firm games being postponed is so that the players do not get injured before the game next weekend. If you do not support Scotland then I can understand why some Rangers fans are unhappy, but if like me you are a Scotland fan and hoping for a good result next Saturday then you are right behind the idea. :)