Atalanta Milan cancelled

Danny

Well, abandoned.

On the day an apparent stray bullet from a cop killed a fan, Atalanta ultras decide to destroy the glass shield in the group presumably with a large firecracker following plenty of flares being thrown onto the pitch.

After 10 minutes of various discussions including 2 Atalanta players actually going right up to the 'supporters' and appealing directly to them, the ref decides to abandon the match.

What a thoroughly dark day for Serie A.

football is the innocent victim here. ive heard that the atalanta fans are angry at the ultras for getting the game abandoned. not sure if there were clashes outside the ground.

There were.

a tragic story indeed. seems like italian fans were angry that it was a policeman who killed the supporter who appears to have been totally innocent and not involved in any fighting. seems like a tragic accident that spilt over onto the football. as what was said in the article, the people who were involved in the fights were not identified to have been football fans by the police.

id swap that for ultras, andy. you know there are a large majority of fans who do want to watch the game. seedorf was just on SSN saying it was sad to see all the children that were crying over what they were seeing(actions of the ultras).

Italian Football and its fans are a shambles - they are all crazy idiots - flare and fire cracker throwing ! FFS - just watch the football.

Yeah, Italian football is the only place where flares are used

Italian Football and its fans are a shambles - they are all crazy idiots - flare and fire cracker throwing ! FFS - just watch the football.

:lol: i knew that was coming

so because other people use them it is ok?

get real ffs they are dangerous things and the italians have proved before just how dangerous they can be.

However i think there are worse fans than the italians, polish for one, and lets face it the spanish arent to clever either although they seem to have improved over the last 10 years or so.

:lol: i knew that was coming

so because other people use them it is ok?

get real ffs they are dangerous things and the italians have proved before just how dangerous they can be.

However i think there are worse fans than the italians, polish for one, and lets face it the spanish arent to clever either although they seem to have improved over the last 10 years or so.

I never said they werent dangerous did i, just that Italian football isint the only place where flares are seen and used.Italian football shouldent be singled out for flare use when there not the only ones

I never said they werent dangerous did i, just that Italian football isint the only place where flares are seen and used.Italian football shouldent be singled out for flare use when there not the only ones

tbh I don't think they were being singled out for flare use. More the fact that they are causing carnage and deaths. These Ultras are genuinely unhinged, and when they say that groups like themselves 'are critical to preserve the purity of the sport in this country' and then proceed to maim and injure, then you start to realise that it's an endemic insanity among them which is unlikely to be cut out of the game in Serie A.

Serie A is of course not the only place flares are used, but it is the only place where fans appear to be out of control to the point of lawlessness.

if you have ever watched the football factories programmes on bravo, then you will see fans in other countries are a lot worse than in italy. but since serie a is one of the biggest leagues in the world, it gets more of the spotlight compared to countries like russia, serbia and poland where violence is very bad. but not all the ultras are bad. there are some ultras who do good work within the community and for their club. but there are obviously ultras who arent football fans and are simply idiots!

if you have ever watched the football factories programmes on bravo, then you will see fans in other countries are a lot worse than in italy. but since serie a is one of the biggest leagues in the world, it gets more of the spotlight compared to countries like russia, serbia and poland where violence is very bad. but not all the ultras are bad. there are some ultras who do good work within the community and for their club. but there are obviously ultras who arent football fans and are simply idiots!

These other 3 nations you mention are almost irrelevant. Many Eastern Bloc nations have war engendered in them. Football violence is just a small part of their lives.

Like you say, Italy is huge, so of course this thuggery is going to be highlighted. And so it should.

i remember watching the russian football factories and spartak moscow(or zenit?) even had women ultras :craphead:

and also, from watching the football factories, i got the impression that football violence was infact a very big part of their lives, in those countries i mentioned.

i remember watching the russian football factories and spartak moscow(or zenit?) even had women ultras :craphead:

and also, from watching the football factories, i got the impression that football violence was infact a very big part of their lives, in those countries i mentioned.

When I said small, I meant 'way of life' - as in they don't see it as anything untoward.

Responsibility for the mayhem which ensued firmly rests with the police and their crass actions should not go unpunished and hopefully their style of policing will be reviewed.

Do the police think the fans were going to take this lying down ? When the authority acts irresponsibly, they need to be challenged and unfortunately, sometimes the victim's message can only be aired through aw emotion.

Responsibility for the mayhem which ensued firmly rests with the police and their crass actions should not go unpunished and hopefully their style of policing will be reviewed.

Do the police think the fans were going to take this lying down ? When the authority acts irresponsibly, they need to be challenged and unfortunately, sometimes the victim's message can only be aired through aw emotion.

Sad day for Italy indeed...

saying that, 20 police officers have been injured in violence after the Birmingham derby (BC 1 v Villa 2)

You'd think we'd seen the back of those days in the Premiership.