If Mcgregor gets injured...

Boab

Funny feelin if Carroll got a bite at the cherry he would be hard to oust from the team ! :sherlock:

although we woulnt be able to show our support for him with our NI flags at away games :rolleyes:

Not until we fight back and more importantly are backed up by a custodian with balls ! Sorry I digress Carroll makes a mighty fine back up and won't waste his chance when he gets it ! :sherlock:

I would have a decent amount of confidence in Carroll myself.

Goalkeepers are always remembered for their mistakes rather than their contributions. Carroll had two real 'bloopers' and one was in the Champions League.

He's had a few personal problems but you don't play 250 odd games, with a decent amount of them being for Man Utd if you are a bad keeper.

i would be confident that roy carrol is a decent replacement. Of course hes only remembered for his high profile errors for man utd but he had a lot of clean sheets for them as well and ferguson wanted to keep him which says a lot. Hes a good shot stopper and commands his area well so i dont think we would suffer too much if mcgregor got injured. I wish the same thing for other areas of the team where i dont think we have good backup.

Not worried at all. Love AM... but Roy C. displaced Barthez. Quality Keeper imho. If Roy gets a sniff.. it will be hard to keep him out imho.

Still think that AM is a good keeper, not a great keeper. He ain't Goram.