Papac

nvager

Papac - Can he be a long time solution?

He has been alright - not the best or worst ever. He has been part of some famous victories - Lyon and the Mhanks for example.

Smith looks like he may not play this year/season - never?

We are in debt and probably will not buy anyone this January?

So IMO it will be Papac at LB with KB as a backup until the Summer or maybe longer.

Agree?

I like Papac but he should be centre half cover and not a left back.

Wattie will buy a natural left back in january me thinks and with Ugo leaving and webster injured AGAIN then sasa will become defensive cover.

I think Papac is a better left back than Smith in the defensive sense, he has better awareness and holds his position better.Smith is better going forward but I believe the primary job of a defender is to ensure we do not lose goals.

There is also the confusion about papac's position; I thought he was a left back for his clubs but played in his international team as the left sided centre back in a back 3.

Papac is a decent player for us at LB, but ideally I would have him as cover for someone better. I thought he had played CB for his clubs but LB internationally but I'm not certain by any means.

I don't for a moment think he is the long term solution but he may well see out this season as first choice, depending on what happens in January. I think we will make a LB a priority signing for the transfer window.

Papac is a decent player for us at LB, but ideally I would have him as cover for someone better. I thought he had played CB for his clubs but LB internationally but I'm not certain by any means.

I don't for a moment think he is the long term solution but he may well see out this season as first choice, depending on what happens in January. I think we will make a LB a priority signing for the transfer window.

(tu)

When we're playing defensive type games, he is a decent player, ie. Lyon, Celtic, Barca BUT the big problem with him lies in the SPL.

Our left side is generally very poor going forward. Papac recently has tried to push on a bit but when he recieves the ball in the opposition half he is like a rabbit in headlights. He really doesn't have a clue what to do and that, in the SPL, when we need to be attacking teams is a big problem. I know defence comes first, but look to the opposite side of the pitch to Hutton and you see exactly how much more a LB/RB can, and should be doing for his team. Stevie Smith is a much better player in thewse terms and I hope he recovers over time. For now though, i'd like to see us with a new LB come January.

He's doing well defensively but for me it he's still filling in for Smith or a new left back.

We play a defensive style of play as it is, with no attacking central midfielder. We can afford to have 2 attacking full-backs, I think it would make us a much bigger threat.

Papac had done a steady job and until now has received scant credit for it.

For the sake of stability I think he should continue as LB and then remain as defensive cover. Broadfoot is not good enough, Ego is for the off, Weir will be retiring soon and both Smith and Webster are injured. I hate to say this but I don't think either of the last two will kick a ball again (I hope I'm wrong) :( .

Also, we have not had a great track record in the left side of the park recently.

He's doing well defensively but for me it he's still filling in for Smith or a new left back.

We play a defensive style of play as it is, with no attacking central midfielder. We can afford to have 2 attacking full-backs, I think it would make us a much bigger threat.

Agree with that (tu)

I am a Papac fan,I think he is excellent defensively.

Broadfoot I do not rate at all especially at left back.

In the reserves I thought Kinningburgh looked very promising in the couple of games I went to last season but I read that Wilson is trying to convert Jordan McMillan to be a left back so I guess there is not much confidence in the left back situation at reserve and under 19 level.

We could do with back up at both full back positions as well as a reliable centre half since we can not count on Webster in terms of fitness or Broadfoot in terms of quality.

I like Papac but he should be centre half cover and not a left back.

Wattie will buy a natural left back in january me thinks and with Ugo leaving and webster injured AGAIN then sasa will become defensive cover.

I think Papac is a better left back than Smith in the defensive sense, he has better awareness and holds his position better.Smith is better going forward but I believe the primary job of a defender is to ensure we do not lose goals.

There is also the confusion about papac's position; I thought he was a left back for his clubs but played in his international team as the left sided centre back in a back 3.

Almost agree with you 100% there doc,Papac was definately a left back who could fill in at CB,(that's the information I remember given on The official site when he signed)and Smith is definately better going forward,too bad though his final ball is no better than Burkes. (td)

I'd hate to play Papac at CB, he is not a good central defender. He even say's himself that he prefers to play on the left.

He gets caught out far too often, finds himself on the wrong side of his man and ball watches. Just not a Papac fan and it's not because he is a PLG signing or because he doesn't bomb down the line like Hutton.

Papac has done a sterling job covering at left back but for me he will always be covering at left back.

With a centre half playing in the position,left back will always be our weak link. I'd like to see Stevie Smith back playing at his best but if he doesn't we'll need to sign a quality left back to complete, which in my opinion, is quite a good defence.

He's done ok, but what happened with him defending Barcelona first goal he was posted missing. For me he is too slow to be a full back and he doesn't get into opposing half and as for his crossing well. I don't blame Papac he's only covering and he's not a full back. We really do require one in Janurary.

I'm sure it'll happen to better players than Sasa, but Messi well and truly handed his arse to him at the Nou Camp.

To me, it showed his limitations.

Has a much better cross than people give him credit for though.

I'm sure it'll happen to better players than Sasa, but Messi well and truly handed his arse to him at the Nou Camp.

Come on he wasn't picking up anyone and let him head the with easy across the danger area! Papac should have been picking up Messi and he wasn't.

I think Smith should take some of the blame for not getting a proper left back when he had the chance!