Will we play with JCD and Cousin up front vs Stuttgart?

nvager

I hope so but i doubt it....for all Stuttgart are struggling they are still German champions and therefor very dangerous but in my opinion the best form of defence is attack.

We showed in the last 15 in Barca that when we attacked them they had only 1 or 2 chances but when we sat back before that they had 23.

I don't view going 2 up front as 'going for the win'. Not at this level.

We played one up against Stuttgart, Lyon and Celtic, and enjoyed two 3-0 wins and a 2-1 victory. 8 goals in 3 games, 1 conceded. Looks pretty efficient to me.

To create chances, we need the ball, and 4-5-1 allows us to get a better grip in midfield. I think it is too simplistic a view to say that 4-4-2 at this level necessarily means that we will create and score more goals than we would if playing 4-5-1.

We played one up against Stuttgart, Lyon and Celtic, and enjoyed two 3-0 wins and a 2-1 victory. 8 goals in 3 games, 0 conceded. Looks pretty efficient to me.

To create chances, we need the ball, and 4-5-1 allows us to get a better grip in midfield. I think it is too simplistic a view to say that 4-4-2 at this level necessarily means that we will create and score more goals than we would if playing 4-5-1.

I doubt well be playing 2 up front, weve almost qualified for the 2nd stage playing one up front so not much chance of changing it.

Hate to be pedantic but since we beat Stuttgart 2-1 would it be 8 goals in 3 games with 1 conceded.

We played one up against Stuttgart, Lyon and Celtic, and enjoyed two 3-0 wins and a 2-1 victory. 8 goals in 3 games, 0 conceded. Looks pretty efficient to me.

I doubt well be playing 2 up front, weve almost qualified for the 2nd stage playing one up front so not much chance of changing it.

Hate to be pedantic but since we beat Stuttgart 2-1 would it be 8 goals in 3 games with 1 conceded.

Well it has to be more attacking and not with Adam in midfield or McCulloch on the wing.

McCulloch or Buffel in midfield with Fergie and Hemdani,Beasley and JCD/Novo on the flanks with Cousin in the middle.

:lol: I'll blame that on not having had my morning coffee yet ! A quick edit is on the cards, cheers ;)(tu)

Will WS go for a win vs Stuttgart and play with two up front in JCD and Cousin?

Hope so, I aint travellin to Germany to watch another mediocre performance.

Can I have your ticket then, please? :)

If mediocre performance means 4-5-1, then I don't think you'll have much of a time of it.

We shouldnt drop the style of play that's worked for us so far. After winning a few games our fans seem to think we're better than we are. We can defend in numbers, work hard, and get the odd goal or two.

An attacking team able to defend against a quick counter attack we aint!

I actually think he WILL go Cousin and Darcheville up front v them. Reason being.. this is a game when all we have to do is go for the win.. even if we lose it doesnt change anything as we still have to beat Lyon at home.

IMO the Stuttgart game will be the 'easier' of the 2 remaining games. I know we beasted Lyon easily.. but i have a feeling it wont be anything like that at home. As i said in another thread, Lyon are notorious at going to tough grounds and winning.

Stuttgart are out.. they cant qualify for the UEFA Cup.. they are playing for pride. We have already beat them, and a win against them would IMO be enough to put us through as i think Barca will get at least a point off Lyon. If i was WS id be going all out to beat Stuttgart

-----------Hemdani-------------

--Beasley---Ferguson--McCulloch---

--------JCD---Cousin----------

:rangers:

It'll be the same old same old. Play defensive for 60 minutes so as not to lose a goal. then chuck another player up front to nick a goal which most likely won't come.

Having said that it worked against Lyon so who knows..

If we need a win we're likely to see a second striker being brought on sooner rather than later. I'd still be happy enough to start with one.

for all Stuttgart are struggling they are still German champions and therefor very dangerous

They are obviously champions, but the claims we heard that it was a 'fluke' seem to be coming to fruition.

We are a better side than them. They are there for the taking, it shouldn't prove that hard IMO.

I agree with those who said that going with 4-5-1 doesn't quite necessitate a negative formation, it's worked in all the big winnable games so far.

Would like to see JCD and Cousin play.

JCD can play right midfield/striker as required.

Lets stick to midfielders playing in midfield.

Motherwell rings a bell!

JCD played at right-midfield, coming on for Whittaker in a half-time sub!

Would like to see JCD and Cousin play.

JCD can play right midfield/striker as required.

Lets stick to midfielders playing in midfield.

Motherwell rings a bell!

JCD played at right-midfield, coming on for Whittaker in a half-time sub!

Against Chelsea he often popped up on the right too.