Naysmith

Brown

Fletcher

Ferguson

Hartley

McCulloch

McFadden

thoughts?

To be honest not really surprised, Hartley playing in the holding role, McFadden up front, if there is about 20 - 30 minutes left and we still need a goal to win take of Hartley and put on either Miller or Boyd (or both) with someone else coming off.

yeh id imagine thats big ecks thinking behind it. the tallies would probably expect miller to start, so they might not be ready for a faddy wonder strike :)

Mate ;) NOBODY can be ready for a faddy wonderstrike :)

And he'll help Naysmith down the left in a defensive way. Has to pick up his performances from the last 4 games. Only thing with McCulloch is that everytime he goes for a challenge he concedes a foul.

I'd like to see Miller start. He would cause the Italian defence more problems and he is full of running and closing down/pressureising.

And he'll help Naysmith down the left in a defensive way. Has to pick up his performances from the last 4 games. Only thing with McCulloch is that everytime he goes for a challenge he concedes a foul.

I'd like to see Miller start. He would cause the Italian defence more problems and he is full of running and closing down/pressureising.

I agree

It's a difficult one to call about Miller, do we try and have Hutton bombing down on the right and try and whip in crosses for players like McFadden and McCulloch and try and tire the Italian defense out a bit, and then later on when they are getting tired bring Miller on to really cause problems, might even get a penalty kick! <_<

It's a difficult one to call about Miller, do we try and have Hutton bombing down on the right and try and whip in crosses for players like McFadden and McCulloch and try and tire the Italian defense out a bit, and then later on when they are getting tired bring Miller on to really cause problems, might even get a penalty kick! <_<

All this talk about Miller comming on late in the game if we play with McFadden as a lone striker and there is no mention of Boyd. Miller's goals per game ratio for Scotland aint all that great and when you compare it to Boydie's it looks awful. If we are still tied with with 20minutes left on the clock I would rather see Boyd come on than Miller. All this nonsense about work rate is overrated, its goals that win matches NOT how many yards you have covered and Boyd is the man who will get them.

All this talk about Miller comming on late in the game if we play with McFadden as a lone striker and there is no mention of Boyd. Miller's goals per game ratio for Scotland aint all that great and when you compare it to Boydie's it looks awful. If we are still tied with with 20minutes left on the clock I would rather see Boyd come on than Miller. All this nonsense about work rate is overrated, its goals that win matches NOT how many yards you have covered and Boyd is the man who will get them.

Boyd will get them against Lee Wilkie, or Zander Diamond in the SPL.

Who's playing at centre back tomorrow? Canavarro? Nesta? Materazzi? Any of them will eat Kris Boyd for breakfast I'm afraid.

More chance of getting a goal via pace and sheer annoyance from Miller and Faddy.

In Italy, the number 17 is considered unlucky. Some Alitalia planes have no row 17, some Italian hotels have no room 17 and in Roman numerals XVII is an anagram of VIXI which translates into "I have lived" with the implication "my life is over" or "I am dead".

Italy play Scotland in a crucial Euro 2008 qualifier at Hampden Park on Saturday, 17 November with kick-off at 1700 GMT - for the record, Italy have won four of their 11 matches played on the 17th of a month in the last 30 years.

I think Georgia was our big chance but I suppose you never know :rolleyes:. Unfortunately I don't think that any of the home nations will make it this time :(

we could have beaten georgia and still not qualified. it was always going to come down to the italian game.

in Roman numerals XVII is an anagram of VIXI which translates into "I have lived" with the implication "my life is over" or "I am dead".

Funnily enough I want that tattooed on the inside of my forearm.

I used to really follow international football, but kind of gave up on it during the Vogts reign And even though I have been critical of international football in general I will admit that I am excited about this game. I really hope Scotland get through.

BTW one of my best mates dad was on the TV during the Reporting Scotland piece bout half an hour ago!

Well, the time is getting near. I couldnt get myself up for this game at all the past week even with all the threads and everything..but now its here im pretty nervous.

Typical Scotland..have to do things the hard way.

Still though...

Scotland 2-1 Match fixing fuds

Well, the time is getting near. I couldnt get myself up for this game at all the past week even with all the threads and everything..but now its here im pretty nervous.

Typical Scotland..have to do things the hard way.

Still though...

Scotland 2-1 Match fixing fuds

<_<