The bitter bigotted twisted people not on these boards have started already !

BLUEDIGNITY

Subway to the phiggery a priority. First phase to be a link from the SECC to the bheggardome, games village and THE NEW INDOOR ARENA. Wonder who'll get the use of that when it's all over and done with Eh ? They are just softening you up as well for when they hit you with further body blows like how much will be spent on celtic park. Seven years to go and and it's all hands to the pumps to improve the bheggars lot as quickly as possible at the hand of the mug taxpayer. Never mind we'll have the revenue thats generated by the rugby sevens in 2014 ! doh:sherlock:

Subway to the phiggery a priority. First phase to be a link from the SECC to the bheggardome, games village and THE NEW INDOOR ARENA. Wonder who'll get the use of that when it's all over and done with Eh ? They are just softening you up as well for when they hit you with further body blows like how much will be spent on celtic park. Seven years to go and and it's all hands to the pumps to improve the bheggars lot as quickly as possible at the hand of the mug taxpayer. Never mind we'll have the revenue thats generated by the rugby sevens in 2014 ! doh:sherlock:

just wait until the final cost and after all the tims have lined their pockets. :rolleyes:

just wait until the final cost and after all the tims have lined their pockets. :rolleyes:

You'll find plenty irish connected firms will get the contracts, and thats a fact plus plenty polish gettin brought in to do the hands on stuff, even boracs wife's in on it already she's supplying the recruitment firms now as we speak ! :sherlock:

if your a protestant its hard to get elected to glasgow council, as its been nearly all catholics since i was a young boy and that was a long time ago, and as they say glasgow has many cultures unlless you are protestant. <_<

Yes and you'll know mate that we have the first Protestant Lord Provost of Glasgow since 1976 thats 31 fcukin years and his name is hardly in the papers whereas the likes of Mosson and Cameron were always high profile and always in the mhedia. I'll wager most people on here don't even know his name ? :sherlock:

The subway will be done in jigtime, and as we all know it's got fcuk all to do with the games just to get the great unwashed to the beggardome easier and back to the town easier, fcuk the towns luck! Link up to Argyle Street. Argyle Street is bad enough with them up to Marks and Spencers, mhanky RA drinkin dens and all, but after this is finished it will be a fcukin Ghetto the length of Argyle. :sherlock:

Who cares what Celtic are gaining because of Glasgow winning the games?

Ibrox already has good access via road and the subway and it's already a five star stadium.

Why is everybody so bitter all the time?

The same reason there a lot of people so naive all the time ? :sherlock:

Ibrox already has good access via road and the subway and it's already a five star stadium.

I'm not naive. I would just rather spend my time supporting and talking about Rangers, as opposed to spending my time moaning and groaning about Celtic.

I'm not naive. I would just rather spend my time supporting and talking about Rangers, as opposed to spending my time moaning and groaning about Celtic.

So would I mate ! So would I ! Not moaning and groaning just highlighting abuse of power that affects Rangers whether you want to accept it or not ! :sherlock:

I care and I am bitter that our greatest rivals recieve any "free" boosts to their club which may affect us in the long term. If the supposed regeneration of the East End weren't to happen, Celtic would at some point need to spend their own money to upgrade facilities or to upgrade the shitty stadium which would require maintenance at some point in the future cause it's shite! As things stand they don't have to worry about it because "the games" are taking care of it all for them. This meaning future money ear-marked as stadia funds can now be used for future trasnfers or better the club in other ways.

Admit it or not, that will have a negative affect on us and the rest of the SPL. That's why I'm bitter.

So would I mate ! So would I ! Not moaning and groaning just highlighting abuse of power that affects Rangers whether you want to accept it or not ! :sherlock:

We already have first class facilities in terms of our stadium and we did it without handouts from powerful people who choose to back them because they sympathise with them.

ALthough it's shit that they are getting such an overhaul the way I see it is that this handout just furthur sums Celtic and everything about them up: everything's got to be handed to them on a plate or they will be nothing.

Obviously it's BS but it's just the society that we live and have lived in for years now and until something drastic happens there isn't a lot that can be done about it!

The subway extension has been on the cards for a good while. It is daft and unfair that it only covers one half of the city.

I suggest anyone concerned that Celtic are benefiting unduly from the Games etc should write to the media, elected representatives, etc.

The subway extension has been on the cards for a good while. It is daft and unfair that it only covers one half of the city.

I suggest anyone concerned that Celtic are benefiting unduly from the Games etc should write to the media, elected representatives, etc.

I aready have aired my concerns to my local MSP

I am in no way opposed to the underground link, nor against regeneration of the east end, it badly needs both

It's actually quite embarrassing for a city to need the games to justify it

But Ceptic should in no way benefit from these games

Heres a nice reply from someone online on the ET webpage. Obviously a person in the know, or at least with an educated opinion on the thing:

Oh how the Evening Times must love Alistair Watson for giving it large and up front all the time without thinking. What headlines it makes. And, oh how Alistair Watson must love the gullibility of those who applaud every fairytale he spouts forth. I’m sorry to be the realist here but the idea doesn’t work. Pure and simple. It is a pipe dream made up by under pressure SPT Executives who need to keep putting out good news to deflect from the poor job they are doing with the Subway they should be currently managing.

FACT 1: When this was first announced (10/10/07) the ET reported: “Consultants will spend the next 18 months looking at whether it is possible to use existing underground tunnels which have been unused since the Beeching rail cuts of the 1960s and at the exact cost of the operation.†Today we have: “We will deliver the East End extension for 2014. I am being unequivocal about that." So, can we dispense with the need for spending public money on a study then Councillor?

FACT 2: The SPT carried out a £90,000, 20 month feasibility study into all options for extending the Glasgow Subway. In their “extensive†consideration of all options for extending the Subway Atkins, the consultants, did not mention the Parkhead extension, despite the SPT’s long, long, long love affair with this plan.

FACT 3: “SPT chairman Alistair Watson said work on the extension could start by 2010 and be finished for the Games in 2014 but will need financial backing from the Scottish Government.†(10/10/07) “…he said it would become a reality, with the expected Government financial backing.†(12/11/07) “Big transport projects likely casualties of Budget deals †(Herald 8/11/07) Watch the outcries when there is nothing mentioned in the Budget this week for this one.

FACT 4: The simple omission of the need for a new Subway depot to service this “extension†kills off any hope of this happening.

FACT 5: It is highly unlikely that Network Rail would consent to operating both light rail and heavy rail on that part of the Argyle Line Cllr Watson now covets. He may be “unequivocal â€, he may “expect†Government financial backing, but until the Office of Rail Regulation (ORR) says so, no amount of money will make this happen. This is particularly so in relation to Argyle Street Station: i) can it take additional passenger capacity? ii) will the station physically be able to accommodate two different railway gauge systems? iii) Would Network Rail, the ORR, the man in the street allow the SPT near any heavy rail station after what they have done at Partick?

FACT 6: On funding, Cllr Watson said "To achieve that, we will have to demonstrate it is a value for money project.†(10/10/07). Apart from the not so small issue that nobody knows what this will cost (my estimate - £47.8 million - £27.8 million for the new extension and £20 million for the new depot) Better value for money would be an extension of the heavy rail service: i) No need for interaction between heavy and light rail ii) No need for a new depot servicing only two trains iii) The existing service (Hamilton to Milngavie for example) could be split into two services which terminate either side of the City Centre (e.g. Hamilton to Yorkhill/Exhibition Centre and Milngavie to Parkhead). Much cheaper.

FACT 7: Should the SPT be allowed to create a new Subway when they cannot even get the existing one working? Until a late night service is established the SPT should focus all their efforts into getting what they have working in accordance with their customers needs (71.9% support late Weekend and Sunday evening services) before they are allowed to touch anything else. FACT 8: Even if we do allow the SPT to venture into such areas of additional responsibility, we should remember their track record: Gilmour Street Station Larkhall Rail Link Shields Road Car Park MAGLEV Study Clyde Fastlink Glasgow Airport Rail Link CrossRail and of course, Partick Interchange But surely, I must have something positive to say? Yes, good front page headline – right up there with My mother-in-law is an alien.

Trust Me - The Subway Thing will not happen (there's no technical reason though) - For 1 reason - Dosh - I work in the rail design industry, this has rumbled about for years - It won't happen!

:rangers:

some of our fans have lots to learn, all we hear is let the tims get handouts it should not bother us, wake up for god sake, everything they get for free leaves them money to spend on players while we struggle to get out of debt.

some of our fans have lots to learn, all we hear is let the tims get handouts it should not bother us, wake up for god sake, everything they get for free leaves them money to spend on players while we struggle to get out of debt.

exactly the point I was making in the "nothing new under the sun" thread, Minstral. Other clubs had to pay for improvements, all seat stadia etc, why shouldn't they? Its an artificial advantage.

exactly the point I was making in the "nothing new under the sun" thread, Minstral. Other clubs had to pay for improvements, all seat stadia etc, why shouldn't they? Its an artificial advantage.

your spot on canadian ger why should some of the other clubs have to struggle to update their stadiums yet the manky mob get their stadium done for free.