What is with the ill-feeling against Cousin?

Danny

He's being linked away, yet while he's been absolutely excellent since he joined he is getting some pretty heavy criticism from many quarters.

And I cannot fathom even remotely why that's the case.

Scored on his debut, then scored quite a fair few after that including a peach against Lyon - did a stellar job alone up front at Ibrox against Barca, and regularly looks a totally class act.

He and JCD changed the game against ICT - until they came on we looked stale. He was also the only player to remotely perform during that horror show at Tynecastle.

So why are increasing numbers of our supporters really quite happy to get rid of him?

Many seem to be saying 'well £3M quid is a good deal'. Well, yes, it is - but wouldn't you rather have an established class act up front for 2 or 3 years than selling him then having to spend money on another player who may not work out?

I am really confused as to the motivation behind the desire of many of us fans that we wanna see the back of the player.

It has me lost.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think ppl are just saying that in the case of us selling him, 3M is a good deal, by no means does everyone want to see him go, as you said, hes put in some great performances. in 2/3 years we wont get £3M for him though.

People like Cousin come and go every day in the football world. Decent player, no more - no less.

People like Dado, Coisty, Laudrup and even Hemdani are what you call the upper echelon of footballers.

They are the ones you hate to lose as they cannot be replaced. Cousin can be so as far as I'm concerned, good riddance to the lad if he wants to go.

my answer to that is cause im a rangers fan id never imagine putting in a get out clause in a contract so if he wants to go then let him go

no critisism of his play as far as im concerned but as i say id rather an inferior player played than someone whos minds elsewhere

I think DC has done an excellent job since signing with us - most of the 'Celtic minded' gleefully and wrongly predicted a flop. I'd definately prefer him to stay but if good sized wedge was made for his services then Rangers would be foolish to knock it back. Especially in age when players are so easily 'unsettled'...

If he was looking to use us as a stepping stone then fair enough, let him go. Ive not been entirely convinced by him, he puts himself about but he lacks a cutting edge.

The other side is that we have hardly given him a good run, and with a partner I reckon would look better, be it as a provider.

I like Cousin as a player, but im not overly-keen on players who feel the need to add buy-out clauses to their contracts

If his agent is Willie McKay I suspect anything but the player's express consent.

If he was looking to use us as a stepping stone then fair enough

F*ck him, we saved him from his career going down at the age of 30. He's a decent player but too many times looks lazy, uninterested and that he wants to be somewhere else. He's already said that he was not happy at the amount of games he'd started. He has a history of been a trouble maker. I wouldn't miss him.

Would be interesting to see what happened IF we recieved a £3million bid in January? I dont think anyone will pay that for him.

One eye on the job and the other on the Premiership

he has history of being a troublesome player

I'm not doubting his abilities for one second but if any player isn't happy playing for the Rangers then by all means, leave

He is living our dream, and it's quite clear he doesn't appreciate it

Can you say the same for JCD?

If he was looking to use us as a stepping stone then fair enough, let him go. Ive not been entirely convinced by him, he puts himself about but he lacks a cutting edge.

The other side is that we have hardly given him a good run, and with a partner I reckon would look better, be it as a provider.

He might have been using Rangers as a stepping stone to a bigger club (In a bigger league) but he hasnt just came and went through the motions. He has offered a lot to Rangers and has given 100%

Its good business if he does go. Id be happy to keep him, dont get me wrong, But if we can receive up to £2 million more on a player who is coming to the end of his career then I am all for it.

Naismith is looking to make the step up and im sure with the extra money we can bring in some decent quality.

100% behind Daniel Cousin until he leaves Rangers, which isnt going to be for a while yet.

People like Cousin come and go every day in the football world. Decent player, no more - no less.

People like Dado, Coisty, Laudrup and even Hemdani are what you call the upper echelon of footballers.

They are the ones you hate to lose as they cannot be replaced. Cousin can be so as far as I'm concerned, good riddance to the lad if he wants to go.

The same Dado Prso who came to Rangers with a persisting knee injury and was on big wages?

The same Brian Laudrup who left Rangers on a free transfer to move to Chelsea?

Selective facts about players you seen to be remembering.

All players want to play at the highest possible level and like it or not, that is not in the SPL. Some players go about it correctly and others dont. Doesn't mean they should be treated badly for having some ambition.

Id be angry with him if he signed a long term deal on big wages, Didnt play well/got injured and bled the club dry. I fail to see why he is getting attacked by some fans.

Did Bain not say today that the required fee in the clause was £3mil.

If so, I wouldn't mind seeing Cousin go, given we have Naismith coming in to take his place.

That's my feelings on it too.

That £3million could go towards a Faubert type signing

We badly need a player with flair who can change a game with one wee bit of magic

Buffell can do this but it seems he doesn't register on watties radar

That Feindou (Spelling) from St Ettiene would do nicely

If so, I wouldn't mind seeing Cousin go, given we have Naismith coming in to take his place.

We badly need a player with flair who can change a game with one wee bit of magic

Yup, agreed.

Not to say I want Cousin to go, hasn't put a foot wrong yet IMO.

Buffel? doh

If he was looking to use us as a stepping stone then fair enough

F*ck him, we saved him from his career going down at the age of 30. He's a decent player but too many times looks lazy, uninterested and that he wants to be somewhere else. He's already said that he was not happy at the amount of games he'd started.

Link me to his quote stating that.

He has a history of been a trouble maker. I wouldn't miss him.

Astonishing. I thought I was fickle!

One eye on the job and the other on the Premiership

he has history of being a troublesome player

I'm not doubting his abilities for one second but if any player isn't happy playing for the Rangers then by all means, leave

He is living our dream, and it's quite clear he doesn't appreciate it

Can you say the same for JCD?

How is it quite clear? Has he come out and said something derogatory?

I'm quite astonished at the attitude of some people towards him aswell, to be honest.

Likewise.

I wouldn't be crying if we went for £3mil, given he's the wrong side of 30 and taking into account his history. Plus we have Naismith waiting in the wings.

But some people have promoted him to public enemy number one because of a newspaper report! It's craziness.

If he is unhappy then he can leave, the sooner the better.

With Cousin's situation now unclear - sources close to the player today saying he is unhappy at not being first pick at Rangers and would like a crack at the Premiership - Smith is looking at both an experienced hitman and someone with potential.

Give Naisy a chance ffs.

JCD's contract runs out in 1 year, Novo's in the summer.

He might have been using Rangers as a stepping stone to a bigger club (In a bigger league) but he hasnt just came and went through the motions. He has offered a lot to Rangers and has given 100%

Its good business if he does go. Id be happy to keep him, dont get me wrong, But if we can receive up to £2 million more on a player who is coming to the end of his career then I am all for it.

Naismith is looking to make the step up and im sure with the extra money we can bring in some decent quality.

100% behind Daniel Cousin until he leaves Rangers, which isnt going to be for a while yet.

We agree on something at last! Albeit I don't want him to go unless it's for an 'offer we can't refuse'. I just think he's performing damn well and it should take a great sum to sell him.

I'm quite astonished at the attitude of some people towards him aswell, to be honest.

Likewise.

I wouldn't be crying if we went for £3mil, given he's the wrong side of 30 and taking into account his history. Plus we have Naismith waiting in the wings.

But some people have promoted him to public enemy number one because of a newspaper report! It's craziness.

w0rd

We do seem to like to hate players at times. Buffel, Cousin, Adam, Boyd - so many guys get it in the neck.

Cousin has NOT come out and said he wants to leave...why all this pish? If he wants to go, and we get the asking price then fair enough - but until i hear otherwise he is a Rangers player and he will get my full support.

Some people ffs.