Grant: Two Of My Stars Are Unhappy

Del Juve

Chelsea managed Avram has revealed that two of his star players are currently unhappy, but insisted Didier Drogba is not one of them.

There has been some teething trouble for Avram Grant in terms of squad management ever since he took charge from Jose Mourinho.

Didier Drogba has been most vocal, but does not seem to be the problem, according to the Israeli.

“I can always test players by the way they act in training and games," he said during a chat with Chelsea fans on the club website.

“Didier behaves very well and gives 100 per cent every game. I am happy with him.

“But, sometimes, players come to me and say they are unhappy. Two have done this but it doesn’t matter who.â€

Those who have been on the outer under Grant are Andriy Shevchenko and Shaun Wright-Phillips, and both are said to be unhappy.

Reasonable Doubt

Grant has gone about things his won way, and made quite an impact, but understands why there were doubts over his appointment.

"Israelis always think we are at the centre of the world," he said. “But for English people, in terms of football they don’t know where we are on the map.

“This is why it is very natural that they raised their eyebrows in London about me.

“This is the first time a coach from a country which is not a big football nation has come to be a manager at a big club in the Premier League. For the English, it was a little bit surprising.

"Yet right now, everything is OK. It is very nice here and the people at Chelsea believe in me.

“This is my second year in England, though, so I do know about the Premier League. The first year, at Portsmouth, was very important. I was working at a smaller club and it has developed into one of the Premier League’s biggest surprises.

“All my life, I have wanted to coach in this league and everything happened very quickly.â€

I wonder who they are...