Is Scottish Football really getting better?

kkennedy

As we have heard from many "experts" from various corners of the world, it appears as if the standard of Football in Scotland has risen dramatically. 2 cases in point which illustrate this are:

1 the success of the national team and .. and maybe more importantly

2.the Parity which seems to exist in the SPL these days.

gone are the 9in a row days for either side of the old firm and with a spate of inconsistant results for both Rangers and the Tic is this proof that the League is getting better?

being from Canada I don;t get the chance to watch hi lites or clips from any of the other matches... anyone care to discuss? is the SPL quality rising? :rangers:

As Ive mentioned in an earlier thread I think the fact there is no money in Scottish football (relatively speaking) has helped by forcing Clubs to grow their own talent. With more young Scots getting the chance at the highest level it can only help the national side :)

As we have heard from many "experts" from various corners of the world, it appears as if the standard of Football in Scotland has risen dramatically. 2 cases in point which illustrate this are:

1 the success of the national team and .. and maybe more importantly

2.the Parity which seems to exist in the SPL these days.

gone are the 9in a row days for either side of the old firm and with a spate of inconsistant results for both Rangers and the Tic is this proof that the League is getting better?

being from Canada I don;t get the chance to watch hi lites or clips from any of the other matches... anyone care to discuss? is the SPL quality rising? :rangers:

i think it has got better over the past 5 years. hibs doing really well in terms of player development and much more consistency from other teams

the bbc sport website shows all spl highlights updated on a sunday about 6 pm gmt have a look and see for yourself :)

I think the quality is higher amongst 'the rest'

generally maybe one of them is a bit better and more consistant and good enough to claim 3rd spot without really threatening the top 2.

Now, although come the end of the season they may not again be challenging there are several teams showing a higher level of consistancy in their performances making the SPL much more competitive. Add to that that both OF teams look vulnerable at times and all of a sudden you have a couple of teams hovering just below us and a couple more not much further behind them.