Andy Fordham

Muff

Andy Fordham will make an emotional return to world darts tomorrow — half the man he used to be.

Fordham has lost an amazing 10 stones since collapsing at the World Championships 10 months ago and being rushed to hospital where he had 18 litres drained from his lungs.

He also suffered a minor stroke this year, forcing him to change his whole lifestyle — although he still weighs 16 stone.

He will compete in the play-offs for the 2008 World Pro tomorrow and then in the Winmau World Masters which start on Friday, both events being staged in Bridlington.

Fordham, who now drinks only non-alcoholic lager and eats in a week what he used to consume in a couple of days, said: 'To return to Lakeside next January for the World Championships would be magic and to get to the televised stages of the World Masters this weekend would be unbelievable, but I'm not expecting any miracles.'

Fordham reached the semi-finals of an Open event in Turkey in September, but he is relishing this comeback in a world event. 'This is a major stepping stone to getting back to better things,' he said.

078fordham2_468x469.jpg

078fordham1_468x679.jpg

What a difference. All the best Andy. Big Rangers man (tu)

All the best right enough, I remember him being shown on the telly during the World Darts watching us v them with his scarf on, pity Rangers refused to let him share his world championship with the fans (or did I blink and miss his visit to Ibrox as champ of the world?).

Christ - like chalk and cheese comparing the before & after shots of him there!

Good luck to you big man, I must admit I didnt think he was long for this earth in his past condition.