Spanish Press

blueben_d

not sure if this has already been posted, but I haven't seen this particular article before.

I know we have done this topic to death, but this was sent to me by a work colleague as this article is circulating in this country and we are a laughing stock.

Dear Rangers supporters, never come back to Barcelona again. And not because your players themselves aren't a legitimate team. No, it's not because of that - the Nou Camp frequently hosts teams who are lazy, boring, who only defend, who run and kick their opponents, and who shouldn't be in elite competition. On top of this, Rangers merely defend, run at the opposition and play dirty. Their defenders are butchers, their midfielders, heavy-footed; and their strikers just stand there like the furniture.

"But even apart from the footballing aspect, the best thing would be for Rangers never to return to Barcelona, because every time they do, they make a mess of the place. 35 years ago, you (the Rangers supporters) destroyed the seats at the Nou Camp. This time we have enjoyed no less than 48 hours of brawls, provocation, rackets, fights and common drunk women throughout the whole city, which you have fouled however you pleased.

"Stay at home and sick in your own living-room, we in your sitting-room corners, fight with your neighbours, the Celtic supporters (who deserve a prize just for putting up with you) and foul the streets of Glasgow instead. Don't come back here again, because it is not a laughing matter. And, by extension, don't play in the Champions League either. You are not at that level neither in a sporting nor human sense" - Editorial from the Elmundo Deportivo newspaper.

Rangers commented against this misleading article....

Anytime you have Celtic fans talking about it, get a hold of the photos in Manticore's thread.

It's what i expect from celtic fans, but now neutrals in our little war are reading this sort of shit and believing it. It's all very well Rangers making a response, but they shouldnt be getting away with writing this nonsense in this country or any other for that matter

*steam vents through ears*

End of the day, it's not what they said that frustrates me, it's the fact that if we flew sectarianism, we'd have been gunned down by UEFA in a matter of a day, Barcelona? uch! they just got away with all that.. nothing more to say to it than that a suppose.