Broadfoot

JR

Following on from Danny's "Who deserves a 'Chance?' thread:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=44108

Ive seen a few members call for Broadfoot to be given a shout. Now this has me a little puzzled as, in my view, our defence has been something of a success story this season.

Papac has been a surprisingly efficient performer at LB, Alan Hutton has been something of a revelation at RB and Davie Weir & Carlos "The Tackle" Cuellar have been solid and commanding.

Which begs the question for those supporters...who do we drop for Broadfoot?

My own personal opinion on the guy is that he was merely bought as cover for Weir & Cuellar - because he is in no way shape or form a Left Back, pre-season performances coupled with some dodgy St.Mirren shows have convinced me of that.

That being the case - I dont know how anyone can call for him to get a shot...as I barring injury, I can never see him getting the nod over our CB's.

Does anyone have a differring viewpont?

Ive seen a few members call for Broadfoot to be given a shout. Now this has me a little puzzled as, in my view, our defence has been something of a success story this season.

Papac has been a surprisingly efficient performer at LB, Alan Hutton has been something of a revelation at RB and Davie Weir & Carlos"the Tackle" Cuellar have been solid and commanding.

My own personal opinion on the guy is that he was merely bought as cover for Weir & Cuellar - because he is in no way shape or form a Left Back, pre-season performances coupled with some dodgy St.Mirren shows have convinced me of that.

That being the case - I dont know how anyone can call for him to get a shot...as I barring injury, I can never see him getting the nod over our CB's.

Not me!

I have heard others shout for Gow, Buffel, Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Furman, Fleck, Lennon etc. but NEVER Broadfoot.

I think he was originally a cheap option cover for all defensive areas but more so for RB. When we then signed Whitaker, and he proved to everyone that he is a RB first and foremost, i think that signalled the premature end for Broadfoot. I wouldn't change him for anyone in the current team and as you say JR, barring serious injury problems, he won't get near the top team.

Papac has been a surprisingly efficient performer at LB, Alan Hutton has been something of a revelation at RB and Davie Weir & Carlos"the Tackle" Cuellar have been solid and commanding.

Not me!

I have heard others shout for Gow, Buffel, Naismith, Boyd, Novo, Furman, Fleck, Lennon etc. but NEVER Broadfoot.

Post 2 of Danny's thread must've escaped you

Hes been called up to the Scotland B squad for the game against the Rep of Ireland Bs, just another player like Gow who was signed from another SPL team and people just dont want to give him a chance. He hasnt been given the chance yet due to Papac performing well at left back but if anything was to happen to Papac then i think Broadfoot would be more than capable to step in and do a good job for us

Hes been called up to the Scotland B squad for the game against the Rep of Ireland Bs, just another player like Gow who was signed from another SPL team and people just dont want to give him a chance. He hasnt been given the chance yet due to Papac performing well at left back but if anything was to happen to Papac then i think Broadfoot would be more than capable to step in and do a good job for us

I would rather play with a man short than have him at LB.

Are you willing to give him a chance? and if you wouldnt play Broadfoot at left back then who would you play? young lad Kinniburgh i would love to see given his chance but we know what Walters like with youth :rolleyes:

Are you willing to give him a chance? and if you wouldnt play Broadfoot at left back then who would you play? young lad Kinniburgh i would love to see given his chance but we know what Walters like with youth :rolleyes:

No, not at LB im not. Which is why I feel (and so does RFC by all accounts) that we need to strengthen that area. Kinniburgh has been doing well but whether he is up to the rigours of the SPL that remains to be seen.

Luckily Papac has been performing...otherwise I would be dreading the teamsheet on a Saturday.

His versatility means he will be decent back-up. Nothing more, nothing less.

To say he deserves a chance over our successful back-line this season is strange, to say the least.

Papac has been a surprisingly efficient performer at LB, Alan Hutton has been something of a revelation at RB and Davie Weir & Carlos "The Tackle" Cuellar have been solid and commanding.

I watched the reserves against Gretna on Rangers T. V. last night and Broadfoot was not impressive.

I can understand people wanting Buffel to be given a run out. Even Gow could offer us something different.

But to want Broadfoot to be thrown in the middle of what looks to be a settled defense is rather strange.

I can understand people wanting Buffel to be given a run out. Even Gow could offer us something different.

But to want Broadfoot to be thrown in the middle of what looks to be a settled defense is rather strange.

Good point, but I think most who are wanting him in is to be at left-back than in the centre

Not me!

I'd shout bye bye as i saw Broadfoot disappear into the distance