The original Actua Soccer

papaguy51

I prefered 'Adidas Power Soccer' on the PS1, what goals you could score.

But nothing beats SWOS.

I remember Adi Power Soccer. It was pretty flashy but little gameplay. But Brian Moore did say 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOD Football' a lot :)

Was thinking about it the other day.

First played it as a wee boy in PC World next to the SECC and I was hooked. Graphics, commentaty...wow, what a game that was.

Was anyone else taken by it as much as I was?

At the time it was like reality. It looked just mind blowing. But the gameplay was a bit flawed in ways. For example the only way you could fire in a 'power shot' was by standing still :lol:

The commentary was incredible too, although as I said he said 'they're mixing the long with the short' WAY too much.

I am on about the Playstation version.

Was thinking about it the other day.

First played it as a wee boy in PC World next to the SECC and I was hooked. Graphics, commentaty...wow, what a game that was.

Was anyone else taken by it as much as I was?

At the time it was like reality. It looked just mind blowing. But the gameplay was a bit flawed in ways. For example the only way you could fire in a 'power shot' was by standing still :lol:

The commentary was incredible too, although as I said he said 'they're mixing the long with the short' WAY too much.

I am on about the Playstation version.

Funnily enough, that didn't happen on the PC. You could pelt them in from all ranges by just holding the button down for a nanosecond longer.