Ibrox Roar

coplandt

League decider 1991.

Just back from hols in Italy (in Napoli station on the thursday 'btw darling I'll be off to Ibrox on Saturday' - was living in London at the time).

Off the bus about 7am, taxi to mate's flat, greeted with a can of beer - pissed before the pubs opened, went gaga when we got to the 'Brox.

The place was rocking, noise unbelievable.

One of the few times I believe opponents were genuinely intimidated by the atmosphere. The bears went absolutely berserk.

League decider 1991.

Just back from hols in Italy (in Napoli station on the thursday 'btw darling I'll be off to Ibrox on Saturday - was living in London at the time).

Off the bus about 7am, taxi to mate's flat, greeted with a can of beer - pissed before the pubs opened, went gaga when we got to the 'Brox.

The place was rocking, noise unbelievable.

One of the few times I believe opponents were genuinely intimidated by the atmosphere. The bears went absolutely berserk.

went to the game with my three sons and the volume of noise was unreal, i thought the roof was going to come off.

went to the game with my three sons and the volume of noise was unreal, i thought the roof was going to come off.

I remember reading that due to some reconstruction within Ibrox, the Aberdeen team were changing in a portakabin inside the Main Stand, and as they walked out of it it was actually moving up and down due to the noise/ vibrations coming from the crowd.

Apparently some of the younger sheep wanted to just get back on the bus.....

What a day.

Got the bus back to London about 11pm after celebrating, I doubt I have ever been more pissed and happy.

three occasions stick in my mind,

Dynamo Kiev, the place was rocking literally.

Leeds, fuck me what a noise and

The OF shame game when Woods, McAvennie, et al went to court. When Gough equalised,I have nevre heard the sound booms struggle to take the noise like the noise when the goal went in, awesome.

The OF shame game when Woods, McAvennie, et al went to court. When Gough equalised,I have nevre heard the sound booms struggle to take the noise like the noise when the goal went in, awesome.

I think it was Roberts said that day that the noise at Gough's equaliser was like a 747 taking off right above your head.

We drew at home and it felt like we'd won the European Cup :rolleyes:

Was in the East enclosure for that one, absolutely mental.

I think it was Roberts said that day that the noise at Gough's equaliser was like a 747 taking off right above your head.

I was also in the East Enclosure, and probably my favourite OF game because of all the incidents and last minute drama. I remember Butcher being interviewed for some RFC dvd later commenting that he was in the dressing room, after getting the red card, feeling pissed off that he had let the team down - then Gough scored and he honestly thought the stand was coming down on top of him!

What a noise - when you see the clip of the goal, the mic at the game cant handle the din. Without doubt the loudest Ive ever heard it :)

I was also in the East Enclosure, and probably my favourite OF game because of all the incidents and last minute drama. I remember Butcher being interviewed for some RFC dvd later commenting that he was in the dressing room, after getting the red card, feeling pissed off that he had let the team down - then Gough scored and he honestly thought the stand was coming down on top of him!

What a noise - when you see the clip of the goal, the mic at the game cant handle the din. Without doubt the loudest Ive ever heard it :)

i was in the govan stand that day and enen in there people were goin mental my dad had to drag me off my seat at the end as i was giving the beggers it big time

ah those were the days my friends

Been a few Eh :

Gough's equaliser make it 2-2

Johnston scorin against them

Ray Wilkins thunderbolt

Eric Bo Anderson makin it 3-1 and we just knew we were on to NIAR

Gazza running the full length of the pitch to score with a header

In fact any goal against the bottom feeders rock's the stadium ! :sherlock:

Great thread, brilliant.

What about when Gazza ran half the length of the park to clinch (IIRC) 8 in a row?

Bayern in the 1972 ECWC Semi.

Not the noisiest but oh what a feeling - the couple of minutes between drawing with Inter and finding out we were through, and the same between beating Dunfermline and finding out we had done 50 titles.

spi2yq.jpg

And looking for that I found this:

2d2b28l.jpg

Second goal against Marseille was something else

I only wish we had scored against Barcelona, I'm sure that would have topped the lot

Funnily enough my ST is in the last row of the bill Struth Stand that ST hoders get their own seat, it was all journos behind us. Spanish ones at that.

Said to my mate before the game that barca better not score or we'll be getting that GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! shit in our ears.

Second goal against Marseille was something else

I only wish we had scored against Barcelona, I'm sure that would have topped the lot

Funnily enough my ST is in the last row of the bill Struth Stand that ST hoders get their own seat, it was all journos behind us. Spanish ones at that.

Said to my mate before the game that barca better not score or we'll be getting that GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!! shit in our ears.

No chance of that with the Rangers back four performing heroics

Another one I just remembered being as noisy as I've experienced wasn't necessarily a nice chapter

The minutes silence for the Ibrox disaster, think it was the 4-1 game in 89, you being slightly older will probably correct me

But they filthy rodents sang and danced the whole way through it, when the ref blew his whistle I've never been so scared in my life

I was only 8 or 9 and my old mans face twisted with rage (never seen him look like that before or since that incident) and 40000 other bears screaming at the bastards.

Certainly noisy but for all the wrong reasons :(

Rangers V Inter Milan when Jim Forrest scored after six minutes to make it 1-2 on aggregate and then George McLean hit the bar with a few minutes to go. Next after that when Bo Anderson hit the two late goals for the 3-1 at Ibrox when Walter went mental and ran along the track with subbed Gazza just behind.

Beating Dynamo Kiev. I couldn't believe the noise. Leeds was good as well. But I thought the noise on the night of the Kiev game was tremendous. Ally McCoist says the same. When the second goal went in the copper standing next to me grabbed and started hugging me screaming at the top of his voice. Unbelievable!!!

:rangers:

When Lovenkrands scored against Villareal it was probably the loudest ive heard Ibrox in a good few years, incidentally the billy boys was the loudest ive ever heard it that night as well, Ibrox was rocking.

Goughs equaliser in the 2-2 game in 87...ear splitting.

Bo Anderson's first to make it 2-1 then his second to make it 3-1

Mo Johnston's last minute winner in Nov 89

Hateley's equaliser against Marseille

Mark Walters making it 5 against the scum in 88

God there has been loads.

one of my favourites was not at Ibrox but Pittodrie when Butcher scored the day we won the league back after 9 years and 23000 bears out of 24000 went bananas and so did another 25000 outside...that was loud