HDTV

Davy

Evenin' techies.

Thinking about getting a new telly with the money I'll get for Xmas, but don't know what to get.

For a decent HDTV your talking £200+, which I don't really want to spend.

But you can get LCD ones, which are much bigger, for cheaper.

What exactly are the differences with that and a HD?

My mate has an HDTV, and it is a much better picture, but is it really worth that much more money?

Cheers.

for next gen console gaming, yes. they are coming down in price and you can pick up a decent hdtv for 250-400 quid. ranging from 26" to 32". A lot of LCD tvs are HD. infact even a lot of pc monitors are HD because of their high resolutions.

It's a common misconception that you need HDTVs for next-gen consoles but you don't.

If you've got money to spend and you'll be watching it alot then I guess it's worth it.

I tend to advoid Phillips these days as the sound compatibility on my widescreeen is woeful.

It's a common misconception that you need HDTVs for next-gen consoles but you don't.

If you've got money to spend and you'll be watching it alot then I guess it's worth it.

I tend to advoid Phillips these days as the sound compatibility on my widescreeen is woeful.

Your right, you dont NEED one, but it does improve quality

If you dont have a next gen console or SKY HD or the likes, it can be pointless

wait for HD if you have HD content to play thru it. pixel res on that is only Pixel resolution: 640x480. very low compared to an HD. PC monitors have higher but remember you cant actually watch tv on your pc monitor unless ur playing it thru a pc. you can hook a console up to a monitor though. Its really up 2 you but i would wait for HD, they are dropping considerably and will be cheaper in the new year

They're even pricier here but I'm looking to get one. I've heard LCD is really bad or watching sports like football as the grass can appear wavy. It really depends on you're resolution and refresh rate. Try and get one capable of 1080p which is about the highest at the moment.

bit lost guys?

tv's are CRT (old style), plasma and LCD.

HDTV is not a type of tv, its a pixle resoloution.

HD is 720 or 1080.

only get a better picture with an HD tv if you have an HD feed. sky HD, virgin HD, HD DVD (blu ray etc) or console with HD.

if your console can go 1080 then consider a 1080 tv, but HD tv is limited, especially if your not on sky HD.

NO tv chanel plans to broadcast in full 1080 until at least 2012, so 720 is plenty for now (im not a gamer so im not sure what consoles can do)

saying should i get LCD or HD is a nonsense.

just so theres no confusion (tu)

bit lost guys?

HD is 720 or 1080.

only get a better picture with an HD tv if you have an HD feed. sky HD, virgin HD, HD DVD (blu ray etc) or console with HD.

if your console can go 1080 then consider a 1080 tv, but HD tv is limited, especially if your not on sky HD.

NO tv chanel plans to broadcast in full 1080 until at least 2012, so 720 is plenty for now (im not a gamer so im not sure what consoles can do)

The PS3 is 1080 and has a dvd upscaler and blu-ray player that play's at that resolution as well.

bit lost guys?

HD is 720 or 1080.

I've no got a clue about them mate.