This guy is worth £20million

Jimenez

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still has to learn how to defend he is good going forward still gets caught out of position.

I think you're doing the boy a total disservice on the defending issue.

Would be interesting to see how many (or how few, more likely) goals we have conceded from the right hand side this season.

still has to learn how to defend he is good going forward still gets caught out of position.

Would be interesting to see how many (or how few, more likely) goals we have conceded from the right hand side this season.

i think you will find that he has been caught ball watching and out of position a few times this season, but he is young and with hard work can go to the top.

i think you will find that he has been caught ball watching and out of position a few times this season, but he is young and with hard work can go to the top.

No-one is perfect. Hutton's few mistakes have probably come from him being done in from bombing up and down the line to keep up the balance in the team, as his left back partner Papac seems almost incapable of attacking.

£20 million?, Flawless? Good to see noones getting carried away on here.

Yeh hes playing well but it wasnt flawless and I think if anyone bid about £6m with a percentage of any future fee it wouldnt be turned down.

OK Mr sensible

You think he is worth £3million less than Graig Gordon?

and lets face it, Gordon is a shite right back :pipehorse:

:lol:

But a decent right back is harder to find that a goalkeeper, £12million wouldn't be unrealistic

I agree just couldnae resist trying to be funny!

Yeh hes playing well but it wasnt flawless and I think if anyone bid about £6m with a percentage of any future fee it wouldnt be turned down.

OK Mr sensible

No I think Hearts did fantastically well out of that deal and it wasnt £9m up front there were future fees based on Sunderland performing well etc.

While hes performed well over the last 8-10 months or since Walter took over 20m is over an over valuation. Someone compared him to Micah Richards but English players have always been overvauled lets not start getting ourselves into that trap. Unless there were 2-3 teams realistically bidding for him I cant see us getting close to the figures being banded around (realistically bidding, not paper talk).

OK Mr sensible

No I think Hearts did fantastically well out of that deal and it wasnt £9m up front there were future fees based on Sunderland performing well etc.

While hes performed well over the last 8-10 months or since Walter took over 20m is over an over valuation. Someone compared him to Micah Richards but English players have always been overvauled lets not start getting ourselves into that trap. Unless there were 2-3 teams realistically bidding for him I cant see us getting close to the figures being banded around (realistically bidding, not paper talk).

the Micah Richards one is faie, because the chances are that if he did move it would be to England, therefore they should be made to pay England prices. We should no longer sell our players on the cheap, esp. when Sellik manage to get over a million for every diddy they get rid of.

OK Mr sensible

I think once an initial bid comes in there will be more than 2-3 teams asking questions

Arsenal, Man U, Newcastle & Spurs for starters could all do with a quality right back

Weather Hearts done fantasticall well or not that is the reality of finance in the Premiership

If Hutton is to leave (and I sincerely hope he doesn't) it certainly wont be to a smaller club like Sunderland therefor we should expect considerably more than Hearts recieved for someone with no CL experience

I wouldn't normally say Hutton (or any SPL player) would cost that but because of the number of teams involved that could push his price up.

Would it reach £20million? I doubt it but around half that is certainly desirable and should be the minimum level to get us to the table. Especially when one considers the length of his contract.

One other problem we may have now is because of his value and performances we may have to increase his wage - so in essence give him a new contract. His current form merits it but we have to be careful not to decrease his hunger and commitment through too high a wage.

What will be interesting is how Hutton actually copes with all the speculation.

I wouldn't normally say Hutton (or any SPL player) would cost that but because of the number of teams involved that could push his price up.

Would it reach £20million? I doubt it but around half that is certainly desirable and should be the minimum level to get us to the table. Especially when one considers the length of his contract.

One other problem we may have now is because of his value and performances we may have to increase his wage - so in essence give him a new contract. His current form merits it but we have to be careful not to decrease his hunger and commitment through too high a wage.

What will be interesting is how Hutton actually copes with all the speculation.

The speculation was flying about long before Saturdays match

let's hope that gives an indication on how he'll cope with it

True but I'd say it's intensified in the last few days. Juxtapose that with how he has reacted to criticism from many fans then it shows a maturing player who can cope with the mental aspects of the game.

Thus far he's coped well and it's arguably improved him even further. January will be interesting.

I see SAF is praising him again today on SS.

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed his admiration for Scotland international defender Alan Hutton.

Reports over the weekend suggested Ferguson could make a move for Hutton as he looks for a long-term replacement for Gary Neville.

Hutton has impressed for club and country in recent months and his performance in Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifying defeat to Italy impressed Ferguson.

Superstar

"Hutton was exceptional," said Ferguson in The Daily Telegraph.

"He has come from nowhere and looks as though he will become a superstar once he gets that little extra bit of experience."

Ferguson's comments are sure to fuel speculation that he could bid to lure Hutton away from Rangers, but the Scottish club will be determined to keep hold of the full-back having tied him down to a new five-year contract recently

Hutton is NOT worth 20m - best we can get IMO is 8m , 10m at best.

Relax though - he is staying at Ibrox.

Hopefully. (tu)

Not long signed a 5-year deal, with the club that's developed him and gave him his chance, has a wife and young kid. Don't think he'll be too keen to move on just yet, especially midway through a season.