Do we wish Italy and France all the best in the summer?

Thermopylae

I do wish the Italians every success because like us they are a real football nation where the game means so much to the people. As for the French they should have been going to Kiev on Wednesday looking for a point to qualify but are now spared that because of one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. Let's be honest here that wasn't just a bad decision it was scandalously bad. In fact you could watch football for another 10 years and not see another refereeing aberration like that! So I hope they get found out in Austria and Switzerland because IMO they didn't earn the right to be there.

Thermo :

Both Italy and France deserve to be heading to Euro 2008, consistently, they were the two best teams - cue the table. They will bring more football to Euro 2008 than Scotland. We are ostensibly "anti-football" in tactics and I think it's better for Euro football that we ain't there. What would our tactics be - defence and corners ! That's about it really. Look at some of our players, they are below average and no pace setters - Naysmith, Hartley, Fletcher, McManus - bloody awful. Should I mention Broonaldo ?

If only we could add some skill and quality, then and only then should we be attempting to justify our position. The referee blame game is always the easy way out, but, what more could we ask for - home game, winner take all and we cannot pull it off. McCleish's tactics were awful and we had 88 minutes after the first goal to turn it round and move-on. It was dire to see it all go pear shape.

I detect some unsportsmanship in your comments, but, the best two are there and no point being a bad loser. If we were fortunate enough to get to Euro 2008 - what would we have achieved, moreso, with some of the rubbish I've mentioned above. Would we have been blaming the next referee or criticising the next opposition - after yet another inglorious failure ?

We bottled it in Tbilisi and France should have had the same opportunity to do so in Kiev.

I do wish the Italians every success because like us they are a real football nation where the game means so much to the people. As for the French they should have been going to Kiev on Wednesday looking for a point to qualify but are now spared that because of one of the worst refereeing decisions I've ever seen. Let's be honest here that wasn't just a bad decision it was scandalously bad. In fact you could watch football for another 10 years and not see another refereeing aberration like that! So I hope they get found out in Austria and Switzerland because IMO they didn't earn the right to be there.

Thermo :

Both Italy and France deserve to be heading to Euro 2008, consistently, they were the two best teams - cue the table. They will bring more football to Euro 2008 than Scotland. We are ostensibly "anti-football" in tactics and I think it's better for Euro football that we ain't there. What would our tactics be - defence and corners ! That's about it really. Look at some of our players, they are below average and no pace setters - Naysmith, Hartley, Fletcher, McManus - bloody awful. Should I mention Broonaldo ?

If only we could add some skill and quality, then and only then should we be attempting to justify our position. The referee blame game is always the easy way out, but, what more could we ask for - home game, winner take all and we cannot pull it off. McCleish's tactics were awful and we had 88 minutes after the first goal to turn it round and move-on. It was dire to see it all go pear shape.

I detect some unsportsmanship in your comments, but, the best two are there and no point being a bad loser. If we were fortunate enough to get to Euro 2008 - what would we have achieved, moreso, with some of the rubbish I've mentioned above. Would we have been blaming the next referee or criticising the next opposition - after yet another inglorious failure ?

We bottled it in Tbilisi and France should have had the same opportunity to do so in Kiev.

Agree m8.