wii

wronglypenalised

Was wondering if there would be any problems with getting a wii from the continent, my mum said she was buying one for my kids for crimbo from germany via ebay, and the seller has 100% feedback with quite a few hundred deals done, anyway, I take it I could still buy games in UK and they will play on it? or will it be one big con?

Apparently it's fine. But, you might need to get an adaptor for the 2 pin european plug.

The system's the exact same and will play all the UK games.

Some folks have been ordering them off of Amazon Germany as they seem to get a bigger allocation then the UK site. Might be worth a look rather than trusting e-bay.

Apparently it's fine. But, you might need to get an adaptor for the 2 pin european plug.

The system's the exact same and will play all the UK games.

Some folks have been ordering them off of Amazon Germany as they seem to get a bigger allocation then the UK site. Might be worth a look rather than trusting e-bay.

I tried the German amazon, but the old high school german was a bit rusty :craphead:

I had the German and the UK running in two windows as I hoped they were pretty much the same, but there was a problem with my address apparently. Hopefully the ebay ones will be from the same type of folk from amazon and my maw won't get stung, I want a shot as well! (of the wii that is not my maw before some smartarse jumps in there like I would have had someone else posted that! :craphead: )

what's with the lousy availablility of wii anyway? feckin gold dust!

i know but everyone i speak to say they are bored with it?

they simply aren't producing enough to cope with the intensive demand for xmas presents.

I have to say I bored of mine slightly, but at the time there weren't many games available, now there's a lot more diversity so I'm looking forward to getting some new ones for christmas and giving them a shot.

what's with the lousy availablility of wii anyway? feckin gold dust!

i know but everyone i speak to say they are bored with it?

they simply aren't producing enough to cope with the intensive demand for xmas presents.

I have to say I bored of mine slightly, but at the time there weren't many games available, now there's a lot more diversity so I'm looking forward to getting some new ones for christmas and giving them a shot.

Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 ;) Best ones out yet.

Just a note. When you are playing tiger woods golf on it make sure the strap is tied round your wrist because your mate gets annoyed when you punt the controler through the pictures of his family on top of his TV.

:unsure:

Just a note. When you are playing tiger woods golf on it make sure the strap is tied round your wrist because your mate gets annoyed when you punt the controler through the pictures of his family on top of his TV.

:craphead: the wrist strap is a must, tell your mate he can get protecters for the pads from the nintendo website.... not that it will help the family pics :lol:

:craphead: the wrist strap is a must, tell your mate he can get protecters for the pads from the nintendo website.... not that it will help the family pics :lol:

He has them on it. I blame the bevvy :rangers:

bevvy + wii = great fun + carnage

bevvy + wii = great fun + carnage

:craphead::craphead::craphead:

Just reminded me of last weekend.

One of my mates came round for the first time in ages, he was already half cut and then we got into a good bevy session whilst playing sports on the Wii.

Now this was his first shot of the console and he was like most folks at first, really trying like he was actually playing the real game. We put on the tennis, he hit a volley at me and then fell arse over tits backwards onto my coffee table, smashed the girfriends vase to hell, knocked himself out for a wee bit then woke up and asked where he was. I couldn't answer as I was too busy laughing.

Needles to say the girlfriend's banned him from the house. What she doesn't know is he's coming round tomorrow night for another session!!! I'm the only one allowed to ban folks in my bit!

I never have the straps on cause i'm not a retard. Take the Wii upto a mates every Friday where bunch of us get wrecked and play Pro Ev and Mario Kart and the like. One retard mate went to bowl in Wii sports and managed to throw it on the upswing and hit the ceiling so hard it left a crack. This is in a tenement as well so the ceiling is like 14-15 foot up. doh

Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy and Resi: Umbrella ella ella Chronicles are amazing though.

Edit - just seen Gitch's post. :lol: Wii is amazing when smashed.