Thommo

Bazza

Thommohawk to Aberdeen?

By Chris O'Brien

Date: 19/11/2007

Aberdeen are rumoured to be lining up a January swoop for City forward Steve Thompson. The former Rangers star is on the transfer-list despite his encouraging form this season.

Steve Thompson has been linked with a January move to SPL club Aberdeen.

The Cardiff City striker remains on the transfer list despite his impressive form this season and Dave Jones is said to be interested in offloading the popular target man.

The 28-year-old joined the Bluebirds just under two years ago but a series of niggling injuries has hampered his tenure with the club.

Many fans regard the Thommohawk as our best attacking talent but DJ seems prepared to part company with the former Rangers star and Aberdeen are rumoured to be interested in bringing the player back north of the border.

Losing Thompson would be a blow to the City squad but with Warren Feeney set to return in January and Steve MacLean working his way back to full fitness; Jones may look to move the striker on.

http://cardiffcity.rivals.net/default.asp?...mp;stid=8461868

After the thread the other day, I thought this might intrest some Bears.

I liked Big Thommo but injuries really seem to have hampered his career. He was just starting to make an impact at the Gers and Scotland, going through the proverbial purple patch, when injury struck about 15 minutes into the Celtc game.

I hope to god he doesn't join the sheep. :(

(Another intresting note is that its former Ibrox Kid McClean that could force him out)

I liked him :) And i still do :) Never forget the final round from the championship in 2003 when he scored against Dunfermline for 6:1 and we won our 50 title.Then he said someth like: `that was worst goal i ever scored`.But it was his most important goal ever too :)

I thought he was shite.

Good luck to him whatever he chooses to do, he always gave 100% for us. Unless he joins Aberdeen, then he will just become another scum-bag in a red shirt :)