The Scottish Sun

Davy

The old man bought The Sun today, as he does every other day despite my protests!

Anyway, when reading the story about Celtic fans unhappiness about their new Chairman, I spotted a small column at the bottom of the page showing Lawwell's comments on the Big Jock Knew 'campaign.'

The story starts:

'Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell yesterday slammed the bigots who are dragging Jock Stein's name through the mud.'

I'm sorry, 'bigots'?

Are The Sun generalizing all Rangers fans who chant this as 'bigots'? Surely not...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old man bought The Sun today, as he does every other day despite my protests!

Anyway, when reading the story about Celtic fans unhappiness about their new Chairman, I spotted a small column at the bottom of the page showing Lawwell's comments on the Big Jock Knew 'campaign.'

The story starts:

'Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell yesterday slammed the bigots who are dragging Jock Stein's name through the mud.'

I'm sorry, 'bigots'?

Are The Sun generalizing all Rangers fans who chant this as 'bigots'? Surely not...

MhediaDictionary.com

Rangers FC = generically = Bigots.

big·ot [big-uht] Pronunciation Key

–noun a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

I take it Lawell thinks paedophilia is a creed, belief or opinion?

Now if it had said Religious practice usually performed by the priesthood, i agree with him.

Just for anyone who didn't see it, Lawwell commented:

'This is a poisonous utterly despicable and even cowardly campaign against a man who isn't here to defend himself.'

Funny, Mr Lawwell, he didn't defend many when he was here...

'If it continues we will have no other option but to do something.'

Scary...

Better watch out. He's close to taking action, you know.

Like admit to it, then it can be put to bed?

'This is a poisonous utterly despicable and even cowardly campaign against a man who isn't here to defend himself.'

Scary...

What? Tell the truth!

Scary...

What the f is he going to do?

UEFA can do f all about that.

It's not based on Religion, Creed, or Colour.

Last thing they'll want is dibble sniffing round the subject. :pipe:

Another quote someone posted yesterday was:

'The club contacted the Stein family about it and they decided not to dignify this business by publicizing it.'

That sex pest, IRA loving, alcoholic, war criminal t@ig b*stard had a dig at us today.

"I have to respect the right of everyone at this club to have their own ideas, background, religion and politics. That is what has made this club different from others, but we leave background, religious division and political division at the door of this club. This is not a forum for political debate."

Even after the celtc trust admitted that the fans sing songs glorifying the ira.

Janette Findlay, spokeswoman for the Celtic supporters trust

These are the kind of mutants we are up against

http://www.zshare.net/audio/5035175ed58a02/

Mutants? As in mutating from Scottish born, to oirish diddly dee, to Ireland the mother country to Republican terrorist support.

That sort of mutant Janette? :bullshit:

That sex pest, IRA loving, alcoholic, war criminal t@ig b*stard had a dig at us today.

"I have to respect the right of everyone at this club to have their own ideas, background, religion and politics. That is what has made this club different from others, but we leave background, religious division and political division at the door of this club. This is not a forum for political debate."

Even after the celtc trust admitted that the fans sing songs glorifying the ira.

It wasnt a dig at us, this was a reply to the people who brought up his politics during his appointment.

Yeh, yeh. A paragraph about it is in the Guardian sport section but curiously omitted from the online section. "If it escalates, we will have no option but to do something publicly." If it escalates? I seem to remember us drowning out the Celtic fans with a full 15 minute rendition of BJK last season, how can it escalate much further than that?? What are you going to do exactly Mr Lawwell? "Poisonous, repugnant and despicable." Maybe, but that is a subjective comment. Another poster on here used a different adjective, "true". This is an objective comment, and is indisputable, as evidence was accepted in the High Court on the point that Stein knew about the scandal years before it was made public. So make it public if you want, Lawwell, it wasn't us who tried to give this man a posthumous knighthood, or held him up as an example of sainthood. But it is us who have the truth on our side. And if you "do something publicly", that truth will reach far more ears than we could.

I've said it before on here many times, I will NEVER accept lectures on morality from supporters or officials of a club who covered up a child molesting scandal for nigh on twenty years. And I will NEVER EVER accept such lectures from those who think that a war-mongering neo-fascist is fit for purpose as the figurehead of their club.

One thing is for sure regardless of your opinion on the matter, the truth is already out there

Those MP's who lobbied to get him a post humous knighthood should apologies to their constituents

One thing is for sure regardless of your opinion on the matter, the truth is already out there

Those MP's who lobbied to get him a post humous knighthood should apologies to their constituents

Aye, for wasting time that should have been spent on their behalf!! If Gruesome George going in to the BB house was an insult to his constituents, then this flight of fancy also qualifies.

Yeh, yeh. A paragraph about it is in the Guardian sport section but curiously omitted from the online section. "If it escalates, we will have no option but to do something publicly." If it escalates? I seem to remember us drowning out the Celtic fans with a full 15 minute rendition of BJK last season, how can it escalate much further than that?? What are you going to do exactly Mr Lawwell? "Poisonous, repugnant and despicable." Maybe, but that is a subjective comment. Another poster on here used a different adjective, "true". This is an objective comment, and is indisputable, as evidence was accepted in the High Court on the point that Stein knew about the scandal years before it was made public. So make it public if you want, Lawwell, it wasn't us who tried to give this man a posthumous knighthood, or held him up as an example of sainthood. But it is us who have the truth on our side. And if you "do something publicly", that truth will reach far more ears than we could.

I've said it before on here many times, I will NEVER accept lectures on morality from supporters or officials of a club who covered up a child molesting scandal for nigh on twenty years. And I will NEVER EVER accept such lectures from those who think that a war-mongering neo-fascist is fit for purpose as the figurehead of their club.

Bang on :clap: