Positions to Fill

nvager

A starting quality, attacking left back. Papac would be fantastic cover for both LB and CB, in what will be a difficult campaign. This is taking nothing away from Papac's consistently good performances. Teams are going to start to to stack against Hutton, and it would be good to have the personnel to hurt them or ease the defensive emphasis on Beasley and Hutton on the right.

A starting quality, attacking left back. Papac would be fantastic cover for both LB and CB, in what will be a difficult campaign. This is taking nothing away from Papac's consistently good performances. Teams are going to start to to stack against Hutton, and it would be good to have the personnel to hurt them or ease the defensive emphasis on Beasley and Hutton on the right.

Hopefully Stevie Smith can do this (tu)

We need a quality attacking central midfielder.

I'll second that, Barry can't surely play at 100% for 50+ games a season, when we've tried to rest him, first game at Hearts, we were awful, there was no creativity, playing with 2 holding midfielders, problem is though that we would like a quality MF, how many quality MF's would come and play second fiddle to Barry?

I'll second that, Barry can't surely play at 100% for 50+ games a season, when we've tried to rest him, first game at Hearts, we were awful, there was no creativity, playing with 2 holding midfielders, problem is though that we would like a quality MF, how many quality MF's would come and play second fiddle to Barry?

They wouldn't be playing second fiddle, why should they? I don't think Ferguson is an attacking midfielder anyway, at least it's not his best position. He'd go back to a deeper role.

what I mean is that often Barry plays just off the striker if we have one up top, if Barry goes back to being a holding MF then who drops out, Thommo or Hemdani?

I would drop Thomson at the moment but I'm not sure Hemdami is staying.

A CB to replace Weir.

Not that he is playing badly and he definately shouldn't be dropped,

But I see this as hiw last season so if we get his replacment in January and give him the time t settle into the team , that would be good.

They wouldn't be playing second fiddle, why should they? I don't think Ferguson is an attacking midfielder anyway, at least it's not his best position. He'd go back to a deeper role.

How would he be playing 2nd fiddle?

We dont currently have an attacking midfielder in the team

A quality box to box creative attacking midfielder. Someone that will open up teams and hurt them, create and set up chances out of nothing. Someone with a great engine and a bit of bite aswell. Been lacking a player like this for years!!

A quality box to box creative attacking midfielder. Someone that will open up teams and hurt them, create and set up chances out of nothing. Someone with a great engine and a bit of bite aswell. Been lacking a player like this for years!!

Oh no!!

Barry Ferguson has been playing that role effectively for years... :craphead:

Frankie could well be right over him, he also supposidly has a clause in his contract that he can leave for as little as £1million. Supposidly on £14-16k a week tho!

Frankie could well be right over him, he also supposidly has a clause in his contract that he can leave for as little as £1million. Supposidly on £14-16k a week tho!

I suppose he is a full international though.

If we offload say Ugo and Burke then that would more than cover his wages and give us an option in a position that we need one in.

I think he's talented, but like you said the other night he seems to pick up a lot of niggling injuries!