What is the honest Price tag on Boyd just now

kkennedy

I know that one of the worst things a team can do is sell a player when his value is at its lowest but clearly there is no room for Boydy at Rangers. He was a sniper on an average team last year and I believe the goals to appearances ratio is quite misleading and prospective buyers will no doubt point that out... therefore, what would we be happy to get for him in January?

I'd like more, but I'd be surprised if he moved for more than £3m.

agreed. Its all very well pointing to the number of goals he has scored, but a purchaser from outwith Scotland is unlikely to attribute a huge amount of value to that, TBH. The number of goals will give a manager a reason to look at someone who isn't playing regularly, but it won't be a motivation for paying GBP3m or more for him.

You would have to say that he is worth £2.5M of anyones money. Im looking at Miller and oConners transfers recently for the same sort of fee. You have to base it on what he is worth to our team, and at the moment that is not a lot sadly. Had he been in the team scoring freely as we know he should be, you could double that fee easily.

Realistically? SDM + Bain would accept a 1.5-2M bid

Agreed.

slight downward revision. I think GBP3m is absolutely the highest you could hope to get for Boyd. Even last year, I don't believe clubs would have been battling for him at anything more than that.

Agreed.

slight downward revision. I think GBP3m is absolutely the highest you could hope to get for Boyd. Even last year, I don't believe clubs would have been battling for him at anything more than that.

Why would anyone give us that kind of money for him?is he all of a sudden going to become a better player with a move? :unsure:

Agreed.

Why would anyone give us that kind of money for him?is he all of a sudden going to become a better player with a move? :unsure:

I can see people offering 1.5M because he does score frequently and there are managers out there who look for players with a bad reputation but one good quality. Harry Redknapp for example.

Will he become a better player automatically? No. will he be better if he gets a swift kick up the ass, a chance to start over and away from the OF scene where he can posit himself as a star, then yes, he might get better

given the current market in england and his goalscoring record for club and country, we should be looking at the £5-6M mark. (providing he of course went to england, couldnt see him going anywhere else.

English clubs will substantially discount the SPL goals because they don't believe that Scottish football is very good outside the OF. As for country, he's so far scored:

v Bulgaria twice in what was essentially a friendly

v South Africa in a friendly

v Lithuania, the Faroe Islands and Georgia.

Other than the goal v Georgia, its not exactly a list to draw English interest, never mind set the market alight.

given the current market in england and his goalscoring record for club and country, we should be looking at the £5-6M mark. (providing he of course went to england, couldnt see him going anywhere else.

English clubs will substantially discount the SPL goals because they don't believe that Scottish football is very good outside the OF. As for country, he's so far scored:

Other than the goal v Georgia, its not exactly a list to draw English interest, never mind set the market alight.

care to mention when he has been given a decent chance against 'a big team'? You still have to score them, no matter the opposition..

care to mention when he has been given a decent chance against 'a big team'? You still have to score them, no matter the opposition..

Granted, Dummies. And I'm not slamming the boy, the question is, "what's the honest price tag?" People aren't to pay 5M for him because he scored twice in the Kirin Cup. Whoever signs him will see potential and that's why they will want him. He's also had the chance to play for Scotland. But its not going to mean he's worth more than 2M IMHO. The highest possible price I can believe anyone would pay is 3M and I don't expect we'd get that.

Granted, Dummies. And I'm not slamming the boy, the question is, "what's the honest price tag?" People aren't to pay 5M for him because he scored twice in the Kirin Cup. Whoever signs him will see potential and that's why they will want him. He's also had the chance to play for Scotland. But its not going to mean he's worth more than 2M IMHO. The highest possible price I can believe anyone would pay is 3M and I don't expect we'd get that.

fair enuf. :beer2: