Naka out for rest of CL campaign

Boab

Celtic FC fear their Japanese playmaker Shunsuke Nakamura will be unavailable as they look to advance to the knockout rounds of the UEFA Champions League from Group D.

Knee brace

The 29-year-old is struggling to shake off a knee injury sustained in a qualifying game against FC Spartak Moskva in August and continues to wear a brace on his left knee. A scan on Monday has given rise to fears Nakamura might have suffered nerve damage in addition to a ligament strain and the player has been prescribed a period of rest before he can return to first-team action, making him doubtful for next Tuesday's game at home to FC Shakhtar Donetsk.

'Told to rest'

"I have been told by the doctors to rest as much as possible as that will help me to recover completely from this injury," said Nakamura, who last played on 27 October. Celtic also have doubts over the fitness of striker Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink with the Dutch international reported to have picked up another hamstring injury.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/news/...sid=623147.html

what???? does that mean celtic willl have to actually win a match without cheating if they want to get to the last 16???? We all know they cheated to win the free kick naka scored against utd last yr. So if they dont have that option how are they going to do it :craphead: Naka has done sweet FA in the champions league other than the free kicks. Frequently disappears, gets knocked off the ball, passing is average at best. I dont know if they will actually miss him that much to be honest. Hope shaktar give them a damn good hammering, they are really due a good hammering at home in europe.

what???? does that mean celtic willl have to actually win a match without cheating if they want to get to the last 16???? We all know they cheated to win the free kick naka scored against utd last yr. So if they dont have that option how are they going to do it :craphead: Naka has done sweet FA in the champions league other than the free kicks. Frequently disappears, gets knocked off the ball, passing is average at best. I dont know if they will actually miss him that much to be honest. Hope shaktar give them a damn good hammering, they are really due a good hammering at home in europe.

Surely you jest, you forgot about Selliks biggest asset Shaun Michael O'Spawny, nickname pyoor jammy bastards.