will McLaren resign?

CanadianGer

I think he will try very very hard to bluff it out and claim he was never given a chance.

"I am a very good manager who just happened to have a few disastrous days, once upon a time, in Argentina."

Ally MacLeod

Oh he fucked up big time J but the players also let him down. The last 4 games he played 4-4-2 and they actually played well, why change it. Why bring Carson in, why drop Beckham, why play a LB or LM at DCM, why play Crouch on his own?????

And having Lampard and Gerrard in the same team will never work!

Oh he fucked up big time J but the players also let him down. The last 4 games he played 4-4-2 and they actually played well, why change it. Why bring Carson in, why drop Beckham, why play a LB or LM at DCM, why play Crouch on his own?????

And having Lampard and Gerrard in the same team will never work!

Hard to see what he was thinking, unless he was trying to prove he is his own man.

In any event, he needs to go and someone needs to give their squad a serious kick up the arse.

It will probably come out 'Mutual agreement', to give him a bit of dignity, but I would be surprised if he was still the England Manager at the end of the week.

They need a Manager with a bit of bottle who is willing to drop the likes of Lampard, who was inviable again tonight.

They need someone like Walter Smith, someone who will not take any sh*t, will be respected, will get them going again, bring the best out of them and make them passionate again. Someone who will give them a massive boot up the erse.

I don't know who this could be tho? I wouldn't go foreign.

A team of Harry Redknapp, Tony Adams and Alan Shearer.

Ian Holloway

That would be a great signing for them. He not on his way to Leicester tho?

As for Martin O'Neill, I'd hate England national team even more if he was appointed manager!

I don't think you can blame the manager for the fact that nearly all his team are prima donnas who care about their bentleys rather than their performances.

They need a big personality who will say if you won't play for the shirt then GTF.

Spot on!

I don't think you can blame the manager for the fact that nearly all his team are prima donnas who care about their bentleys rather than their performances.

They need a big personality who will say if you won't play for the shirt then GTF.

Spot on!

I agree with this completely!

Alan Shearer would never get the job, hes had no managerial experience but I do like the idea of the Adams, Redknapp, Shearer combo

O'Neill, can't belive that fanny is in the running, Petrov 8m ??? can't stand him

Jose Mourinho has already said he dosent want the position, but tbh, they need someone like him to kick the shit out of them nancy boys.

I think he will try very very hard to bluff it out and claim he was never given a chance.

"I am a very good manager who just happened to have a few disastrous days, once upon a time, in Argentina."

Ally MacLeod

Strange thing is when I saw him standing there, brolly in hand, it also put me in mind of Ally MacLeod. I guess they were both just out of their depth and promoted beyond their talents

Ally MacLeod

Strange thing is when I saw him standing there, brolly in hand, it also put me in mind of Ally MacLeod. I guess they were both just out of their depth and promoted beyond their talents

I think that about covers it. Its amazing to me anyone appointed McLaren because he also looked lost, even under Sven.

His position is unattainable.

Decent coach, poor manager. Eriksson, for all his critics, would of qualified England from that group with ease.

I agree with you. Eriksson would have succeeded in that group.

McLaren has gone and so has his experienced side-kick.

Terry Venables' position was also not very tenable.