Ronnie wants to impress

lola

Milan striking star Ronaldo insists that he wants to earn a new contract with the Rossoneri after making his long-awaited return yesterday.

El Fenomeno made his first appearance of the season in Cagliari after a frustrating period on the sidelines with a thigh injury.

There was little sign of rustiness from Ronnie as he struck the post and was brought down for a penalty, but he believes he has much more to do if he is to renew his contract, which currently expires in June.

“I’m going to try and impress this year to win the trust of the club,†the Selecao marksman told Sky Sport Italia.

“I want to earn things for myself and at the moment I haven’t deserved an extension.

“If I manage to impress then I don’t see there being problems in negotiations with the club at the end of the season, but I need to get stuck in as I don’t want anything gifted to me.â€

I think Milan will keep him on, but it would help if he got back to a decent form rather quick he was not up to scratch on Sunday, not that i expect the 'great' Ronaldno but a better one than what performed at the weekend