uefa cup

kplfishtank

From that list, Spurs please (tu)

Good pay day in terms of TV money, and then getting put out would not be the worst thing to ever happen to us.

I would seriously prefer we put out our second string in the UEFA Cup. Learning something meaningful about our fringe players against decent opposition would be worth a lot more than our first team getting by a couple of rounds. I don't mean to sound too negative, but we simply won't win the thing. Not this year. So lets stay true to our belief that the SPL is indeed our priority this season.

Been watching a few Tottenham games recently, their defence is truely woeful but are great going forward.

So how does that figure in our favour if our preferred Euro style is 4-5-1, allowing strongly attack minded teams - with only defensive flaws - to come at us and have a go?

( Sorry, but here speaks a man that has spent a lot of hard earned cash following the team thru Euro-exploits recently ... and am left still feeling flat becasue we have not shown how we can play or what we represent with the words "No Surrender!"....)

Lets give this f'n tournament a REAL GO!!!

:rangers:

Helsingborg, Braga, Spartak Moscow and Spurs are confirmed as 2nd place finishers

then its out of Basle and Hamburg, Panithinaikos and Athletico Madrid, 1 from 4 in the group between Villareal Fiorentina AEK and Mlada Boleslav, and between Nurenburg and AZ so some very tricky ties await for us

Any of the opponents in the last 32, which is actually only the first round for real will be a test for us

Please remember we were lucky with the result in Lyon and Stuttgart at home so dont think we are the big guys from the CL

Any of the opponents in the last 32, which is actually only the first round for real will be a test for us

Please remember we were lucky with the result in Lyon and Stuttgart at home so dont think we are the big guys from the CL

Another attention seeking post!

From that list, Spurs please (tu)

Good pay day in terms of TV money, and then getting put out would not be the worst thing to ever happen to us.

I would seriously prefer we put out our second string in the UEFA Cup. Learning something meaningful about our fringe players against decent opposition would be worth a lot more than our first team getting by a couple of rounds. I don't mean to sound too negative, but we simply won't win the thing. Not this year. So lets stay true to our belief that the SPL is indeed our priority this season.

While part of me admires the patience exhibited in this statement (as we dont show enough) - most of me is appaulled by the negativity in it. We should try to do our best in EVERY competition and our FIRST team players need as much European experience as possible. There is money to be made in each round (which all helps even if it doesnt replace last 16) - if we are serious about Europe we have to get USED to playing in Europe and SPL and Domestic cups. The more rounds we go through the BETTER placed we are for next season (after winning the league this one!!). AND (FFS) you assume Spurs would beat us - they might but it would NOT be a forgone conclusion!

I think that while we are far from the finished article, our CL campaign (while ultimately unsuccessful) showed we can compete with the very best the continent have to offer.

I'm all for blooding youngsters in these games but only at the same time as trying to win the competition.