Calderwood Tips Rangers

Davy

ABERDEEN boss Jimmy Calderwood believes Rangers can beat UEFA Cup opponents Panathinaikos to reach the last 16 stage of the tournament, despite his team losing 3-0 to the same team in the group stages on October 30.

The Reds, who were drawn against German giants Bayern Munich having progressed to the last 32 stage, faced the Shamrocks in their opening group B match but went down to a heavy defeat in the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium.

It was a disappointing performance on the night from Aberdeen but their gaffer insists that if the Gers can hit top form they will be too strong for Jose Peseiro side.

He said: "I don't think Rangers' game is quite as tough as ours against Bayern, but Panathinaikos is a hard place to go.

"With all due respect, if Rangers play to their best I expect them to beat the Greeks. It would have been better if they were away first though.

"The Panathinaikos game is the biggest disappointment of our Uefa Cup campaign as we let ourselves down badly there.

"We dominated for long spells yet lost 3-0 to counter-attacks, and we lost the ball in silly situations. Rangers, if they play it right, can win the tie."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1196775,00.html

ABERDEEN boss Jimmy Calderwood believes Rangers can beat UEFA Cup opponents Panathinaikos to reach the last 16 stage of the tournament, despite his team losing 3-0 to the same team in the group stages on October 30.

The Reds, who were drawn against German giants Bayern Munich having progressed to the last 32 stage, faced the Shamrocks in their opening group B match but went down to a heavy defeat in the Apostolos Nikolaidis Stadium.

It was a disappointing performance on the night from Aberdeen but their gaffer insists that if the Gers can hit top form they will be too strong for Jose Peseiro side.

He said: "I don't think Rangers' game is quite as tough as ours against Bayern, but Panathinaikos is a hard place to go.

"With all due respect, if Rangers play to their best I expect them to beat the Greeks. It would have been better if they were away first though.

"The Panathinaikos game is the biggest disappointment of our Uefa Cup campaign as we let ourselves down badly there.

"We dominated for long spells yet lost 3-0 to counter-attacks, and we lost the ball in silly situations. Rangers, if they play it right, can win the tie."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1196775,00.html

What does Jimmy Calderwood know! FFS he's only won 1 game <cr>

Great draw he got. Will be some experience for him and his players. I agree with him, Pana are pretty gash, infact they are f*cken awful.

Aye but how will they fair aginst our 1 up top muff?

hopefully the same as zeta red star stuttgart and lyon all of whom we beat with 1 up front