The Importance of Hutton

Canadaready

To put is simply, I feel that Hutton's greatness on the field has kept the mood of the supporters below boiling point at disappointing times this season. If you look at matches where we fail to live up to expectations, there is an underlying mood at the quality of this Rangers youngster.

It is really quite something. I think that if it wasn't for him in the squad there would be more harsh words for the organization. Mix this in with the fact that players like Naismith sometimes shine brightly in unfortunate matches as well and the phenomenon multiplies.

I for one see a huge crack in the foundation of the squad that needs to be fixed this transfer window to make the SPL something we can obtain now in 2008...I don't want to see Rangers just crauise forward with the Band-aid that is Hutton giving us false hope of success. Just my opinion. Thoughts?

He is important to the team, but I don't think Raners can afford to reject an £8mil bid for him from whoever.

I think the longer he stays at Ibrox, and people don't stop praising him...it will go to his head

No one else thinks that our love affair with him is putting a sugar coating on our view of the team?

Not in my case.

I think he's something special, but with threads like 'Walter has lost it' I ain't viewing our season as a positive one so far. I don't speak for anyone else.

I don't care whether we keep him or send him packing for some big cash, I am just saying that he is acting like a bandaid to a side that needs improvement...at least with the minds of supporters.

I think you do care, I think you're saying for the purposes of this thread the notion of him staying or going is not the point.

And I agree with you to a degree - we believe we have a £10M+ asset on our hands even if his recent form hasn't QUITE hit the heights of slightly earlier, and you wonder if our joy at seeing him flourish is in some way a shock absorber for the rest of the fairly mediocre season we're having.

It could well be.

I don't care whether we keep him or send him packing for some big cash, I am just saying that he is acting like a bandaid to a side that needs improvement...at least with the minds of supporters.

I think you do care, I think you're saying for the purposes of this thread the notion of him staying or going is not the point.

And I agree with you to a degree - we believe we have a £10M+ asset on our hands even if his recent form hasn't QUITE hit the heights of slightly earlier, and you wonder if our joy at seeing him flourish is in some way a shock absorber for the rest of the fairly mediocre season we're having.

It could well be.

Shock absorber is the bst way to put it. And, no, I really don't care if he stays or goes...as long as we get the best deal possible.

The problem in seeing him go is that we will get the money for him, but what kinda player do we get for that money. Would it not be better to have him complete his contract with us...wouldn't that be more bang for the buck?