The captain

The Lad

drop our captain and we will be in trouble,adam is a donkey compared to barry.

When Big Charlie finally gets to play centre mid-field he's going to turn a lot of heads,cracking big player. (tu)

Adam can not play centre midfield even in the spl; his thought process is far too slow, his range and passing accuracy is poor, his feet are far too slow and his mobility is against him. Reserves, first division would be his limit in that position.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a rumour the reason Ferguson been of the boil recently is because he's getting sold in Jan

Not the only one although supposedly the end of the season

If this was the case then we'd all know by now as he'd of ran to the papers. I very much doubt Ferguson will be sold.

Good point there.... but maybe he's signed something after the PLG farce to keep his mouth shut!,Or scared walter would kick his head in!

I've heard a rumour the reason Ferguson been of the boil recently is because he's getting sold in Jan

Not the only one although supposedly the end of the season

If this was the case then we'd all know by now as he'd of ran to the papers. I very much doubt Ferguson will be sold.

Good point there.... but maybe he's signed something after the PLG farce to keep his mouth shut!,Or scared walter would kick his head in!

Or maybe the rumours not true.

No pace, can't tackle, poor distribution at times, out of position, doesn't have the required fitness or engine to play in the heart of midfield or slightly forward.

Wrong in most of your assessments of the big guy Muff, it actually sounds like you are describing our third,fourth choice striker. :)

Yup, posted the thread ages ago about Cuellar and our captain, and was amazingly greeted by some opposition.

Seems more of you chaps are coming around to me.

Barry needs dropped - off colour this entire season, the odd game excepted.

Hell, maybe the unthinkable has happened and he's past his peak and is on terminal decline. Who knows.

Either way he needs to be dropped/rested.

He is in no way enhancing the side right now, and is not captain material these days.

There, I said it. I did love him, but I've gone totally off him right now.

No pace, can't tackle, poor distribution at times, out of position, doesn't have the required fitness or engine to play in the heart of midfield or slightly forward.

Wrong in most of your assessments of the big guy Muff, it actually sounds like you are describing our third,fourth choice striker. :)

Do you actually watch games? If you cant see that Adam is slow, has a poor touch, one paced, cant tackle, not a good engine, up and down distribution etc then your eyes must be painted on!

Yup, posted the thread ages ago about Cuellar and our captain, and was amazingly greeted by some opposition.

Seems more of you chaps are coming around to me.

Barry needs dropped - off colour this entire season, the odd game excepted.

Hell, maybe the unthinkable has happened and he's past his peak and is on terminal decline. Who knows.

Either way he needs to be dropped/rested.

He is in no way enhancing the side right now, and is not captain material these days.

There, I said it. I did love him, but I've gone totally off him right now.

Past his peak,terminal decline?that is my big worry right now. :(

Ferguson's probably in a sulk because Hutton is the biggest fish in our pond right now and he's bitter about it.

After the inevitable sales of Hemdani and Buffel I'd be interested to see a Furman Thomson Fleck midfield three for a game or two against lesser opposition...........

Ferguson's probably in a sulk because Hutton is the biggest fish in our pond right now and he's bitter about it.

AFter the inevitable sales of Hemdani and Buffel I'd be interested to see a Furman Thomson Fleck midfield three for a game or two against lesser opposition...........

It's happened before though with Ronald de Boer, Jorg Albertz, Giovanni van Bronckhorst and Mikel Arteta. They were all playing impressively and were the star of the shows and the latter two were also attracting interest from other clubs.

Every player will go through a loss of form and I think that he will come back after it :rangers:

AFter the inevitable sales of Hemdani and Buffel I'd be interested to see a Furman Thomson Fleck midfield three for a game or two against lesser opposition...........

Barry playing second fiddle?never thought of that,you know you might be right on the money there. :unsure:

Guest GabyAmatoAppreciationSocie

You may have hit the nail firmly on the head there.

fuk sake. : slaphead:

I still believe he's out the door,Saying that hutton thing could be part of it tho..... something still aint right behind the scenes

Tell you one thing walter wont take any shite like PLG

Explain your cynicism please. Why is my post so ridiculous?

I still believe he's out the door,Saying that hutton thing could be part of it tho..... something still aint right behind the scenes

Tell you one thing walter wont take any shite like PLG

That means he'd be willing to drop Barry. And our captain appears to be 100% invulnerable.

Yeah your point made me think again.

I mean it's not like Fergie is known to sulk when he isn't getting his own way or all the attention is he?

I mean it's not like Fergie is known to sulk when he isn't getting his own way or all the attention is he?

I hope u dont mean him Phoning his Brother and Pals at the media :unsure:

I hope u dont mean him Phoning his Brother and Pals at the media :unsure:

When things are a bit crap, why phone your brother and pals at the media who he trusts :rolleyes:

Just keep it bottled up and let it f*ck with his mind.

just think our captain has greater concerns at present than being "out-voted" in the popularity stakes.

you can fling all the shite you like at ferguson, but the guy cares about the club. that shit is obvious, but some of you guys on here prefer to believe the fantasies about money being the root of all evil and that some of our players have forsaken themselves blah, blah, fuckin blah. imm sick fed up of hearing this crap from some so called fans.

the team is going thru as tough time and we have no divine right to win every game. ferguson may not be playing his best but st least he's there week in week out - unlike some of your so-called heroes.

just think our captain has greater concerns at present than being "out-voted" in the popularity stakes.

you can fling all the shite you like at ferguson, but the guy cares about the club. that shit is obvious, but some of you guys on here prefer to believe the fantasies about money being the root of all evil and that some of our players have forsaken themselves blah, blah, fuckin blah. imm sick fed up of hearing this crap from some so called fans.

the team is going thru as tough time and we have no divine right to win every game. ferguson may not be playing his best but st least he's there week in week out - unlike some of your so-called heroes.

So what you're basically saying is anyone who dares criticise Barry isn't a fan of the club at all?

And no one said anything about popularity btw...

for the love of christ - what age are you? you honestly think a 30 year old man who is the cpatin of scotlands biggest club has this kind of hang up?

you on the dole son? you got nothing better to do with your time?

some people recognise and take responsibilities seriously.

so gies fuckin peace. you've some cheek criticising our captain like that.

So what you're basically saying is anyone who dares criticise Barry isn't a fan of the club at all?

nope - never said that.

Ferguson is a problem in the team in the sense that if he isn't in the team then we don't have adequate cover for him or someone to compete for that role. I honestly think that if we had someone good enough to play there then Ferguson would have been dropped for some games. His position atm is secure and he knows that which can cause below par performances which aren't acceptable.

for the love of christ - what age are you? you honestly think a 30 year old man who is the cpatin of scotlands biggest club has this kind of hang up?

you on the dole son? you got nothing better to do with your time?

some people recognise and take responsibilities seriously.

so gies fuckin peace. you've some cheek criticising our captain like that.

Please show respect to all posters on this forum. This kind of insulting post won't be tolerated here. Especially not to a staff member.

Pay heed.

Thank you.

Ferguson is a problem in the team in the sense that if he isn't in the team then we don't have adequate cover for him or someone to compete for that role. I honestly think that if we had someone good enough to play there then Ferguson would have been dropped for some games. His position atm is secure and he knows that which can cause below par performances which aren't acceptable.

he's the captain of the club not just the team. his responsibilities extend beyond the team that goes out on the park.

the captain of the club has responsibilities and duties that he recognises lift him above those of a normal player and if you look thru the history of rangers performances youll realise there were plenty of captains of RFC whose playing performances fell below par. richard gough, amoruso etc. not to mention souness. ferguson may not be playing his best- but he's definitley a level above everyone else regardless.