Are we heading in the right direction?

Danny

This has been one ambiguous season so far. It's been impossible to judge our merits such has been our almost exclusively schizophrenic nature. Great one minute, absolutely hopeless the next.

For example, the home game against Hertz was basically awful - especially in the second half. And yesterday V the sheep showed signs of grit, but still a lack of quality.

It has been impossible to judge how good we are because, quite honestly, we're playing like a richer version of Hibs; we can beat anyone on our day, but can equally lose to anyone on our day as well.

So after a few posts of optimism yesterday, who feels that we have finally hit the nail on the head and are going the right way now?

Or is it the same old inconsistency which has blighted us year which will be our downfall?

Perhaps not this season...but we are a million miles in front of last years debacle.

Inconsistency stems from youth, and this team is still in its infancy I would say.

Its true we havent yet played sparkling football, at times we have won ugly...and Im talking Camilla Parker Bowles ugly, but it was a win. We have also won games we certainly wouldnt have last year, by the same token we have lost some really stupid games this year but that i would forgive because this team needs to settle.

Walter has made us harder to beat, but has yet to find a solution to our personnel/formation dilemas that will make us feared again. A solution that will allow us to go and dominate any team in any ground. We dont have it yet but our reputation is growing.

We battered Aberdeen, we battered them with 10 men - we battered them using a system built on the experience of our European campaign this season. It was a start, nothing more - but I saw in that performance the seeds of something a little familiar...like a Gers team of old.

We are far from the finished article but I believe we are getting there, the spirit is there, the determination is there and I suspect the belief is also growing.

There are a few pieces still missing, but I for one am a lot happier than I was last year...and all the signs (to me anyway) is thats only going to get better.

when walter came back he had to make us hard to beat which he has done, made us a stronger team which he has done, for me what he has to do now is make us play creatively which am sure he will look to do either in jan window which a doubt or in summer

Improvement on last season but still a good bit away from being a good, confident, consistant side.

We still lack quality and that's obvious to see but the foundations are there. We have to build on them if this club is going to improve and head in the directions we all want it to go.

Guest The Brown Brogue

After 16 games last season we were on 28 points with a goal difference of +10, after 16 games this season we are on 35 points with GD of +24.

Whats more telling though is that this time last season we were 13 points behind Celtic, right now its 2 points with 2 games in hand.

So theres no doubt we have made some kind of progress, in results rather than performances possibly, but also the dims are going backwards at a rate of knots...

I think if we had managed to field the same side for a string of games we would be top of the league by now but with injuries to JCD at diff times it's been hard to field a settled side and Walter doesn't seem to know which is his best forward line yet. The defence has been practically the same every week and it's been pretty solid so if we could go 8 or 9 games with the same line up we will be winning nearly every game

WE are getting netter overall - much harder to beat - BUT we definitely lack quality in midfield and we need a good winger too.

Do you really think we are any netter Nvager? :unsure: :harhar:

Yes right! Happy XMas to you too you !! :craphead:

:harhar: :harhar:

Hope you are snowed in you old Bassa!!

Perhaps not this season...but we are a million miles in front of last years debacle.

Inconsistency stems from youth, and this team is still in its infancy I would say.

Its true we havent yet played sparkling football, at times we have won ugly...and Im talking Camilla Parker Bowles ugly, but it was a win. We have also won games we certainly wouldnt have last year, by the same token we have lost some really stupid games this year but that i would forgive because this team needs to settle.

Walter has made us harder to beat, but has yet to find a solution to our personnel/formation dilemas that will make us feared again. A solution that will allow us to go and dominate any team in any ground. We dont have it yet but our reputation is growing.

We battered Aberdeen, we battered them with 10 men - we battered them using a system built on the experience of our European campaign this season. It was a start, nothing more - but I saw in that performance the seeds of something a little familiar...like a Gers team of old.

We are far from the finished article but I believe we are getting there, the spirit is there, the determination is there and I suspect the belief is also growing.

There are a few pieces still missing, but I for one am a lot happier than I was last year...and all the signs (to me anyway) is thats only going to get better.

My thoughts exactly (tu)