January sales

nvager

It looks like our Pals at The Piggery are looking to improve big time with German defenders and bids for MacFadden.

What will WS do? Will we compete in any way?

We need to strengthen a few areas, but will we do it or struggle on until the Summer?

My guess two out and two in.

I think we'll bring in a couple of players, at least. Much will depend on who leaves.

I've not been impressed with Celtic's targets to be honest. Murphy is a good SPL player, nothing more, and it looks as though Birmingham will beat them to it. Hinkel has a good CV, but he wants to play in Germany. Aberdeen's right back, Hart, has been spoken about......very mediocre. The guy Lafferty, the young striker, from Burnley.

If McFadden is the best they can do, fine by me. Sizeable fee, sizeable wages, not much pace, poor decision maker, poor final ball, isn't going to score 20+ a season...........they can have him. Like Scott Brown, would never be worth the financial package involved.

I'd like to sign mcfadden. 3.5mil, and he'd be the creative player we need.

Celtic don't need him anyways... they need defenders... we need attacking options.

mcfadden is the type of player we lack

Wont happen, he will go to the Tims

I'd like to sign mcfadden. 3.5mil, and he'd be the creative player we need.

Celtic don't need him anyways... they need defenders... we need attacking options.

mcfadden is the type of player we lack

Wont happen, he will go to the Tims

yea hes one at heart

strachan could bring in Ronaldinho and I'd not be worried.

They wont get Hinkel. Doubt they'll get McFadden. The Brazilian I have never seen and they are welcome to Hart and Murphy as they are mediocre at best.

I'm more concerned to what we do. We desperatley need a quality striker and attacking, central midfielder. If they are not of real quality then there is no point in bringing anyone in. If we can get this in then I'll be very happy until the summer.

strachan could bring in Ronaldinho and I'd not be worried.

They wont get Hinkel. Doubt they'll get McFadden. The Brazilian I have never seen and they are welcome to Hart and Murphy as they are mediocre at best.

I'm more concerned to what we do. We desperatley need a quality striker and attacking, central midfielder. If they are not of real quality then there is no point in bringing anyone in. If we can get this in then I'll be very happy until the summer.

Tend to agree with you Muff. My hope is that they get some good money for Buffel and Hemdani and bring in a quality midfielder at the least.

January is never really a good time to get in quality, it tends to be full of guys surplus to requirements at their present club. Im hopeful we can nick a gem but I wont be surprised if we dont.

But there will be no such excuses for the summer

id rather bring back sebo than have kenny miller... or play novo for that matter

again novo is injured, sebo can't be called back (something to do with the terms they agreed.

I'd rather have Oleg Salenko back than Miller or Sebo.

he only scored one decent goal against the sheep but we still lost that game

Miller burned his bridges buy punching the badge/his heart when he scored against us - I dont want to see that slag anywhere near Ibrox.

In fact if he passes it in a f**king Taxi he better duck.

I've always maintained the belif that January is a horrible time to make signings, and I stand by that.

Generally it's out of favour players, expensive unafffordable players, has beens looking for one last swansong and players who's reputation has been inflated by a decent season that end up making moving in January.

As frustarting as it is WS will probably opt for the more tried and trusted SPL performers, who wont cost a fortune and if he does that I expect Miller (Derby) Anderson (Sunderland) and Robson (Dundee Utd) to be the main names mentioned between now and Feb.

Miller burned his bridges buy punching the badge/his heart when he scored against us - I dont want to see that slag anywhere near Ibrox.

In fact if he passes it in a f**king Taxi he better duck.

My sentiments exactly! Well said that man!

I fear we lose a quality midfielder in Hemdani and bring in more mediocre sub standard players as replacement, I really do.

You may just have hit the nail on the head.

Combine that with expensive wages out - Buffel and Hemdani and average wages (average players) in.