*** OFFICIAL PRE MATCH ANALYSIS ***

nvager

Rangers vs Motherwell at Ibrox Stadium, December 26, 2007

Rangers sit in second place in the SPL with 35 points, two points behind Celtic , but having played two games less.

Motherwell are in third place with 32 points but they too have played two games more than Rangers. Motherwell have surprised many people this season under Mark McGhee and had been on a terrific run and in great form until losing 3-0 at home to Falkirk last weekend. They have been playing attractive and effective attacking football using a 4-3-3 system and the ex Ranger Ross McCormack has been in top form and scoring goals.

This again is a MUST win game as we attempt to regain the title. We have a chance to put pressure on Celtic as they are away to Dundee United and a kick-off an hour later. We cannot let up on our title challenge. We cannot afford to throw away any more points as we did the last time we played Motherwell. The SPL title is at stake and we now know that we have a good chance of streaking away from Celtic with a good run of wins in January. We must be UP for this game as we saw from the last game that Motherwell certainly will be.

Walter in my opinion must get the midfield and creative side of our play sorted out. We need to create more and take more chances. I have a feeling that this might just be the game where we score a good number of goals - but only if we come out flying. We must dictate this game and not let Motherwell get off to a fast start as they did at Fir Park when they caught us flat-footed.

I also hope we are more disciplined and that we get back to playing hard, but not collecting silly yellow and red cards. We may suffer badly if Hutton for example collects many more bookings.

Celtic may well drop points at Dundee United so it is all the more important that we beat Motherwell today. Celtic dropped two points at home to Hibs last weekend, but we did not take advantage. We must do this.

Walter has a lot of personnel and formations available to him and I predict he will be more attack minded in this game.

For more information and discussion on this see the official Rangers vs Motherwell thread.

My prediction for this game is Rangers 4 - 1 Motherwell.