"Terminator 4" Story Details

dafloppyone

Those boys at CHUD, or more specifically the very frottage-able Devin Faraci, has posted a bunch of new details from "Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins," the upcoming fourth film and kick-off of a new trilogy of Terminator films.

Most interesting is that John Connor (Christian Bale) is NOT the main character in the fourth film, but rather will have a more sizable role in the fifth movie.

Instead the main character is Marcus, a Riddick-esque guy who was 'put out of commission' before the nuclear holocaust and wakes up on post-apocalyptic earth around 15 years before the future shown in the original "Terminator".

No actor has yet been cast in the role but they will be required for all three films and will be the 'star' of the new trilogy which is apparently getting good buzz from those who've read the script and all call it epic in scope and great in terms of action.

That action includes battles with the rubber-skinned T-600 terminators, the differences between the humans and cyborgs are said to play a big part in the story, whilst the character of Reese (Michael Biehn in the original film) has a scene with Connor.

Most interesting is that John Connor (Christian Bale) is NOT the main character in the fourth film, but rather will have a more sizable role in the fifth movie.

Did i miss something....I didnt know Christian Bale was in any Terminator..... :unsure:

Did i miss something....I didnt know Christian Bale was in any Terminator..... :unsure:

He was'nt, he has been casted for the new one though.

He was'nt, he has been casted for the new one though.

Ah gotcha, thanks chap :)

News

Producer Moritz Borman on Terminator Salvation

Source: Empire

December 29, 2007

Producer Moritz Borman talked to Empire magazine (via The Sun) about Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins, to be directed by McG starting April 15 in Budapest for a summer 2009 release.

Borman says they are keeping the script "under very tight security" because "we have a huge twist at the end, which we're being careful not to reveal. Like with the last 'Terminator' — we kept that under tight wraps so not even the crew got the last six or seven pages.

"I can tell you this much — this is the story everybody has been waiting for," he added. "Namely, we're in the future. The part of it where Arnold's character has not yet been built but is on the drawing board.

"And in the next two episodes we'll get to the point where time-travel is more in the foreground. It's the war against the machines, the start of Skynet taking over the world."

Borman hinted that Californian governor Arnold Schwarzenegger could be part of the two subsequent movies.

"It's convenient that he hasn't been built at this point of the story, as Arnold has more important things to do right now, but that doesn't mean he might not re-appear later in the trilogy," he said.

"He knows the material and is very supportive of what we're doing. There might even be hints of his character in this one."

Borman refused to confirm that Christian Bale (The Dark Knight) is playing John Connor. "Everyone is assuming there is a John Connor and a Terminator in the script. Connor is in there along with another figure, but who is that figure?"

• 4 weeks later...