Matthew Taylor

Craigy

Guest therabbitt

would be a very very very happy bear if we signed Matty Taylor - what a big fat boot he has on him - plus he's always given a good account of himself on MOTD - seems to know his stuff - what an aquisition he would be - i'd quite happily watch Papac saunter around like a heedless chicken for the rest of the season if we signed Matty in the summer

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

I really doubt we could afford him - must have been a slow news days the day that this was in the ET - we might have shuffled up to Pompey and asked gingerly how much he'd be goin for and then we bricked ourselves and shuffled off home again....

Rangers lead the chase for Taylor

MATT TAYLOR has emerged as a prime target for Rangers.

The Scottish giants are desperate for an attacking left-back and the out-of-favour 26-year-old fits the bill perfectly.

Harry Redknapp has already admitted he will listen to offers for Taylor, who has struggled to break into the first team this season.

The ex-Luton man himself has conceded he will look to leave if the situation does not improve.

And with money to spend to strengthen their assault on the Scottish Premier title, Rangers are poised to make a move.

Boss Walter Smith has made finding a left-back a priority, having struggled to fill the role this season.

First-choice Steven Smith has been sidelined by injury for the campaign so far, while stand-ins Sasa Papac and Steven Whittaker have failed to impress.

Sources in Scotland have confirmed Taylor is his preferred option.

His days at Pompey appeared to be numbered, having become a casualty of Redknapp's drive for Europe.

Previously a regular, Taylor has failed to start a league game since the 3-1 defeat at Arsenal at the start of September.

The former England under-21 international currently finds himself a permanent fixture on the Blues bench.

Now, after 203 appearances and 29 goals, Redknapp is preparing to let Taylor go but only for the right fee.

That has alerted the likes of Sunderland, Reading, Middlesbrough, Fulham and Everton. But chief executive Peter Storrie revealed he had yet to receive an approach.

He said: 'We have not had an enquiry for Matt at the moment so we will have to wait and see on that one.'

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/Rangers-...-for.3640679.jp

Guest therabbitt
Would be a good signing if we got him, one i'm sure almost all Rangers fans would welcome.

The guy is incapable of scoring normal goals. :D

what, like Sebo?

Tam Buffel would do well at Rangers!

Imagine Taylor on the left, Hutton on the right, Carlos and another beast in the centre, we'd be sorted right out!

I reckon its just wishful thinking tho, dammit...

that defence would be capable of playing in the english premiership thats for sure (tu)

Pompey accept Taylor bids

Matt Taylor says Portsmouth have accepted offers from two Premier League clubs, although he has yet to speak to the interested teams.

The versatile left-sider has struggled for opportunities at Fratton Park this season and has started just three games in the league.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp has previously suggested he would not stand in Taylor's way, if a suitable offer came in.

Now, according to the 26-year-old, two clubs have matched Pompey's valuation following the opening of the transfer window.

Taylor is now waiting for the opportunity to talk to the clubs concerned as he steps up his search for regular football.

Bolton Wanderers, Everton, Fulham, Reading and Sunderland have all been linked with a bid for the former Luton Town youngster in recent weeks.

The latest speculation has also claimed that Scottish giants Rangers are ready to enter the race to sign Taylor, who can play at full-back or in midfield.

Tam Buffel would do well at Rangers!

Imagine Taylor on the left, Hutton on the right, Carlos and another beast in the centre, we'd be sorted right out!

I reckon its just wishful thinking tho, dammit...

that defence would be capable of playing in the english premiership thats for sure (tu)

Then we get Stevie back and push Taylor to left mid and all of a sudden, an area that has long dogged us becomes very strong.

Rangers have joined Bolton and Sunderland in the race to sign Portsmouth's Matt Taylor. (Daily Express)

From BBC Gossip column :bouncy:

I think this may have been mentioned on SSN as well, I was half asleep at the time but it mentioned Taylor and three chasing clubs. :unsure: