Matthew Taylor

Craigy

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Taylor would be an excellent LB but I liked the look of him when he pushed up to Left mid

Him and Gary O'Neil were excellent for Pompey. Can't understand why Arry let O'Neil go and is prepared to let Taylor go as well.

Been on a few Pompey forums and they reckon if we get him for the 3m+ being suggested then it's robbery. They DO NOT want to let this boy go.

the thing is that although he's a stunning player they can't really expect much more than 3-4m because of his lack of first team action this season....a bit like the situation we have with buffel - don't get me wrong, i hope buffel stays, but if he doesn't we won't get much because he hasn't featured in a competitive match for a long time...

but back to topic, matthew taylor would be a terrific signing and i believe a huge success at ibrox, imagine another taylor wonderstrike against the bheggars :drool:

wouldn't mind if we had no january transfer action at all and landed him for the summer!

Why is everyone hyping Taylor so much, sure he's a decent player but I think some people are just basing this on the fact that he scored a couple of stunners last season. I'd take him but the guy can't get into the Pompey first 11, so I would't quite be milking myself.

Why is everyone hyping Taylor so much, sure he's a decent player but I think some people are just basing this on the fact that he scored a couple of stunners last season. I'd take him but the guy can't get into the Pompey first 11, so I would't quite be milking myself.

Up until this season, he was a key player on a very solid defensive team. The boot is just a bonus.

Guest therabbitt

I think we should test the water of maybe offering cash plus player - they could well be interested in Brahim - due to the fact they are missing so many midfielders with the African Nations - say a mill or half a mill plus Brahim??

I think we should test the water of maybe offering cash plus player - they could well be interested in Brahim - due to the fact they are missing so many midfielders with the African Nations - say a mill or half a mill plus Brahim??

Interesting idea, I have one problem, I think we play a lot better when Brahim is playing!

Interesting idea, I have one problem, I think we play a lot better when Brahim is playing!

Me too, Walter has stumbled upon our most adaptable formation using pace out wide with the three in the middle - I would like to see JCD wide right of the front three and DMB wide left, we would rip some teams to shreds.

But Im happy with the selection we have at our disposal at present.

(edit: Im resigned to losing buffel now).

The Evening Times is today suggesting that Walter would love to sign Taylor, but a fee of £3.5m and 30k a week in wages means a deal won't happen.

The fee is reasonable for me, and I think we can pay it. But we certainly couldn't pay him 30k a week. We did the right thing with Scott Brown, who is never worth 25k a week. If we brought in Taylor on 30k, the likes of Cuellar and Hutton would expect the same treatment in future.

As revealed in SportTimes last month, Portsmouth's Matty Taylor is a player Smith would love to sign to bolster his midfield and left-back options.

But with a price tag of over £3.5m, and the word coming back that it would need wages of around £30,000 a week, finances are likely to scupper any move, even if boss Harry Redknapp does allow Taylor to go.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...l_of_hutton.php

Guest therabbitt

Scottish side, Scottish league - just need to hope the other mugs in the league can up their game! Cant see it happening any time soon!

Interest in Matty Taylor has waned after Rangers were quoted £3.5m for Portsmouth's back-up left-back, and Rangers may now consider an offer for David Murphy, of Hibernian.

The Herald