Our Centre halves

nvager

Cuellar again great, but Weir looked slow and some of his clearances were straight into trouble. The whole defence apart from Cuellar looked very shakey today.

I think it is because the midfield is poor and Barry was posted missing.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we need to start finding someone to replace weir.

webster shouldnt be bought, we should just let him go back to wigan. waste of wages imo.

its not a necessity, but unless walter thinks papac or broadfoot can step up to replace weir, weir short of a centre half.

we need to start finding someone to replace weir.

webster shouldnt be bought, we should just let him go back to wigan. waste of wages imo.

its not a necessity, but unless walter thinks papac or broadfoot can step up to replace weir, weir short of a centre half.

Webster is a good player if fit - real good

Weir is old and NOT a long term solution - but he is solid - webster and/ or broadfoot have both been brought in but basically untested. Testing them will only happen when we have 'easier' games - I would expect to see at least one of then in the East Stirling game but until then we need to keep it settled and tight and weir does that for us. He is a PROVEN quantity.

Weir has looked old recently especially against McCormack and his pace today.

Webster IMO isnt an option hasnt played a run of games for 2years.

Boumsong for £1m anyone?

Talk on the radio that he is available to anyone that will buy out his contract and thats how much he would cost. Didnt do well in the EPL but was playing beside Bramble and Carr who were a total shambles.

He was amazing up here and i think that Cuellar and Boumsong would be a fantastic partnership!!

Boumsong couldn't get away quick enough if I remember correctly. Even told the papers his family were swore at (or was it spat on) while in the crowd at a game? Canny mind really. Mind's mush atm.

He said nothing of the sort. The only claim attributed to him was he'd been accosted personally in one of the suites. And even then he himself didn't come out with any direct quotes.

Yeh i do remember that actually but he was great for us on the park!

And i think his ego has taken a severe beating in the past few years!!

He was excellent for Auxerre, marvellous for us, then absolutely shambolic for both Newcastle and Juve.

Something happened to his family and he aimed blame at us (the Rangers support). This was right at the time when he was working his ticket to leave. Really not sure on the exact details. I might be wrong about him telling the papers but I do remember him venting his disappointment at the incident and it felt like a bit of a kick in the teeth to us. For that reason, (if true) I'd prefer not to have him back.

He was excellent for Auxerre, marvellous for us, then absolutely shambolic for both Newcastle and Juve.

started playing crap against auxere and hearts/

Something happened to his family and he aimed blame at us (the Rangers support). This was right at the time when he was working his ticket to leave. Really not sure on the exact details. I might be wrong about him telling the papers but I do remember him venting his disappointment at the incident and it felt like a bit of a kick in the teeth to us. For that reason, (if true) I'd prefer not to have him back.

Remember one thing m8 - his agent is the slimey McKay.

Don't believe anything you read.

I suggest all that happened is Newcastle wanted him, bid 8M which the club adoringly accepted, they encouraged JAB to accept the offer, he then made a mistake in accepting their offer, and his slimey agent engineered a way of making it look like he was desperate to get out.

started playing crap against auxere and hearts/

His mind was on his move that night - it was his worst display - even Marv outshone him that night.

I don't recall the Hertz game.

Moot point - I cant see him coming back here anyway.

Ditto.

Fun to speculate though :)

True Danny - eg. Should Buffel play or get transferred? Should big Cousin get MOM award - nah!? Remember Boab M - he WAS world class! - nah!?

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

Keep it up Buddy!!

Moot point - I cant see him coming back here anyway.

Ditto.

Fun to speculate though :)

True Danny - eg. Should Buffel play or get transferred? Should big Cousin get MOM award - nah!? Remember Boab M - he WAS world class! - nah!?

:harhar: :harhar: :harhar:

Keep it up Buddy!!

1: Buffel should play and be hero worshipped

2: No, because he wasn't :) but did play well and scored a good goal

3: I said his passing was world class, not the rest of his play :P

Fun fun fun :D

Actually he had a few good games for us but against a big strong striker like DeVries he was shambolic and he was poor against small quick strikers.Watching re runs of his time here you can see he was not the class defender we ALL thought at the time and you can see how Marv bailed him out quite often.

Bombscare at Newcastle and in Serie B.