***The Official Hibs v Rangers Thread***

Muff

_____________________McGregor

Hutton_________Cuellar_________Weir_________Papac

Whittaker_____Ferguson_______Thomson______Naismith

____________Darcheville_______Cousin

I thought Whittaker was very poor defensively yesterday. Would like to see Papac back in, and play Naismith wide to give us some width down that side.

Couldn't believe Burke got the sponsors man of the match. Beats men with ease at times, but his final ball was lacking for me. I'd have him on the bench. I also think Hutton prefers a more disciplined player ahead of him because it gives him a better opportunity to go on the over-lap. Whittaker can tuck inside to help out in the crucial midfield battle.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly hope Adam is left out too.

With regards to McCulloch, he's been off form for weeks now in my view, and I think leaving him out encourages us to keep the ball on the deck more.

For me, McCulloch is the kind of guy we should bring off the bench if 'plan A' isn't working.

Any idea which players are suspended for this game and the OF game? When does Hutton's ban kick in?

I think Hutton is suspended for Gretna or St. Mirren... not 100% sure though.

I don't know about McCulloch.

ALAN HUTTON is set to hand Rangers boss Walter Smith a double New Year ban blow.

The Ibrox full-back looks poised to miss the January clashes against St Mirren and Gretna due to a two-match suspension.

Midfielder Lee McCulloch has already given Smith an unwanted headache after his red card during Sunday's draw at Aberdeen.

The Scotland star misses today's showdown against Motherwell and will also sit out the rearranged January 8 game against Saints at Love Street.

Hutton is now set to join him after landing in trouble in the weekend Pittodrie powderkeg.

The defender collected his sixth SPL booking of the season for clattering Aberdeen's Clark Chris to spark five minutes of madness in the Granite City which culminated in McCulloch's dismissal.

That looks set to land a Hutton a one match suspension for hitting the 18-point disciplinary points barrier. However, the punishment is likely to be doubled because he also went over the limit last season.

Hutton's fate cannot yet be confirmed as SFA offices are closed for the festive holidays but the disciplinary section will reopen tomorrow and the Scotland right-back will learn his fate.

He is free to face Mark McGhee's men today and both he and McCulloch will also be available for the forthcoming trio of matches against Hibs, Celtic and Dundee United before their respective suspensions take effect.

I think that if McCulloch is to be played then it has to be as a striker and nothing else. I'd probably bring Papac back but it doesn't help Whittaker playing LB when he has Adam infront of him. I dont like him in midfield. So on the right it has to be Burke or Novo.

Any idea which players are suspended for this game and the OF game? When does Hutton's ban kick in?

I think Hutton is suspended for Gretna or St. Mirren... not 100% sure though.

I don't know about McCulloch.

Aye, think Hutton's ok and McCulloch too unfortunately.

---------------McGregor---------------

--Hutton--Weir--Cuellar---Papac--

Burke/novo--BF--KT--McCulloch

---------Buffel----------------------

-----------------JCD-----------------

Thats the team I would like at Easter Road.

I think we'll keep Naismith for the OF game - nothing came off for him v Motherwell.

Wonder if Papac will be brought back in? Whittaker has a nightmare the last time we played Hibs. Watty Smith had a nightmare. We must win this game!

I hope so, most of Motherwells attacks came down our left. I want to see Papac back.

Also, why is everyone putting McCulloch back in?

I hate everyone bar Rangers.

Also, why is everyone putting McCulloch back in?

Put him up top with Darchy and watch us crush Hibs! Hibs play with big Jones and Hogg. McCulloch would bully them and win a lot in the air. He also has the ability to hold the ball up for the likes of Darchy to run onto. We saw Boyd play against them and not even get a sniff in, albeit up on his own. I wouldn't start Cousin and I'd like to see Naisy out on the left instead of Adam. I would onlyh start McCulloch if it was upfront!

How you know that Eck?

Pal was at murray park today, never asked them how they were out injured though :willy:

she said stevie is back in action january aswell

(tu) Thanks very much for the info! Your the man!

Happy both are out tbh. Makes team selection much more interesting now.