***The Official Hibs v Rangers Thread***

Muff

*Puts tin hat on*

Its probably looks like a dutch 4-3-3 than any time this season as Naismith and Burke are both fast and nippy unlike if McCulloch was on either side.

Naismith Cousin Burke looks promising

My thoughts exactly.

Both Naismith and Burke have the ability and mobility to be effective in this formation.

with 3 central midfielders it should also lower their work in having to track back too much.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Melvin reporting from Easter Road

Walter Smith has made one change to his starting lilneup from the team that faced Motherwell on Boxing Day.

Brahim Hemdani returns in midfield to replace Charlie Adam. Steven Whittaker and Kevin Thomson both make the starting eleven againsts their old club.

And Walter Smith can welcome Jean Claude Darcheville back to the bench following his absence from the squad due to a family bereavement,

Rangers: McGregor; Hutton, Cuellar, Weir, Whittaker; Burke, Ferguson, Hemdani, Thomson; Cousin, Naismith.

Subs: Carroll, Ehiogu, Broadfoot, Boyd, Darcheville, Furman, Efrem.

Hibs: Ma-Kalambay; Gatheussi, Stevenson, Hogg, Jones, Noubissie, Shiels, Chisholm, Morais, Kerr, Donaldson.

Subs: Grof, Zemmama, O'Brien, McCormack, Antoinne-Curier, Beuzelin, Lynch.

Gers site (tu)

No Buffel on the bench?

doesnt look like it which is disappointing. Would rather him on the bench than ehiogu and broadfoot. Dont see the point having 2 average defenders on the bench, have one in case of injury but you dont need two. I like the look of a naismith cousin burke front line. Should be a handful as long as cousin looks interested.

Where is Papac ? Ehiogu and Broadfoot on the bench, so is Papac injured ? If fit, I would definitely start him ahead of Whittaker.

I don't like our central midfield trio. Isn't the right balance for me. I don't mind the system, I just think we should have Thomson or Hemdani holding (Thomson for me), Ferguson dropping deeper to dictate and a more attack minded midfielder further up the park. Adam, Buffel, Gow.......I don't like any of them actually, but it's all we have at the moment.

I think the team should be good enough. Left back is my main worry, because I don't trust Whittaker defensively and I think it affects Weir's performance due to Whittaker's poor positioning.

No Buffel on the bench?

The U21 rule rears it's ugly head yet again!

I'm dissapointed as I don't see much on the bench in terms of an impact sub: JCD and Efrem but whats the chances that Efrem will get on?

The only fault (or change that could have happenned with Buffel getting in) I can see with the bench, taking the Under 21 rule into account, is leaving Ugo out and putting Buffel in his place with Kirk being the defensive sub

looked like a PK there on Burke...nice passing move though to create chance

also burke needs to get his hair sorted out..looks like a scruffy tramp

gotta agree with you he should get it the way it was last year