Are we in need of a new Forward?

Del

Just been reading the posts today and i was wondering what you all though about our current firepower....

Right now i would say we have 6 strikers,

Boyd

Cousin

JCD

Novo

Naismith

Sebo

It looks likely that Sebo wont be coming back and Cousin looks as if he will be leaving in January so we are down to 4

So far this season Naismith has been played more as an attacking wide man, kind of winger/attacking midfielder and novo has been played in a similar role.

Again today the, "you can shove your Kenny Miller up yer arse" chants were on the go and its pretty clear that he isnt wanted at all.

So if everything goes as i said above we will have 3 strikers.

Do you think that a Striker will be one of our top priorities in January and if so who could we sign??

I think that we need a defender and a winger more than a striker but if the right opportunity came up, IMO, it would be in our best interests to bring in a striker!

Add McCulloch to that list, he's a striker and not a midfielder.

Cousin will hopefully go and if a good offer came in then I'd sell Boyd. Darcheville will never be fit all the time and Sebo should never be allowed back.

Today at times I wondered where the goals would come from, we are desperatley needing a quality striker. A striker and attacking, creative midfielder are a must in January. They have to be of real quality or there is no point in making signings. I'd also like to see a quality CB come in, but that can probably wait until the summer.

Cousin will hopefully go and if a good offer came in then I'd sell Boyd. Darcheville will never be fit all the time and Sebo should never be allowed back.

Today at times I wondered where the goals would come from, we are desperatley needing a quality striker. A striker and attacking, creative midfielder are a must in January. They have to be of real quality or there is no point in making signings. I'd also like to see a quality CB come in, but that can probably wait until the summer.

Yeh forgot about him!

Still he isnt exactly prolific is he haha

I think if we had the chance to get a striker in we should but im not sure about it being a top priority and if we do sign someone, do you think it will be an unkown or maybe a SPL player?

Fletcher jumps to mind but i think hibs will want at least 2-3m for him!

We still need a big line leader.

Cousin's heart isn't in it, I'd love to give Boyd another run alongside Naisy but don't think Walter likes his style, Sebo isn't good enough, Novo is ok to come on and give a 30 minute blast, JCD is too injury prone which leaves Stevie as our only real consistant threat.

I also think that when McCulloch is fit he will go back out to the left as we really don't have anyone else to play there without Beasley.

Wouldnt sign anyone from the SPL, they are simply not good enough and that goes for Steven Fletcher, he's over-rated, over-hyped and over-priced and his scoring record aint all that good. I dont know who we could target but that's Watty's problem. Hopefully keep away from McLies, agents and dvd's. Time to go out there and find our own.

To be honest I think we do need a new forward. I think we should hunt for a striker who is prolific in goalscoring and can play well with boyd up front. If we can get that we will be great.

The defense can look after itself until summer when we will need a replacment for Weir.

The midfield could do with a quality attacking midfilder and possibly a quality right winger (unless Burke wants to play football again)

Agreed Muff. There are a few needs that must be met if we are to win the SPL. GREAT MIDFIELDER is the priority all the same.

I think we do need another striker, yes.

The rumors are circulating about Cousin and even Boyd leaving, so we would need to bring in replacements.

Sebo probably won't be back.

JCD is 33 now, and his injuries aren't helping him any. He won't be able to play every game.

And Naismith, McCulloch and Novo are often used on the wings.

a new striker is a must. someone who has pace is a must. at the moment too many forwards are one-paced i.e. boyd, cousin, mcculloch etc JCD is injury prone so we need some1 to carry us when he isn' there. naismith's great but i don't want to relie on a 21 year old to win us the league.