David Weir

Scott-RFC

I think times really caught up with him over the past month or two :O

Hes gettin bailed out by Cuellar time and again and had his worst game against Well

In January id like to see a left back and a centre back, unless Websters ever going to play for us

I think times really caught up with him over the past month or two :O

Hes gettin bailed out by Cuellar time and again and had his worst game against Well

In January id like to see a left back and a centre back, unless Websters ever going to play for us

He has played in every game so far this season and his age it is too much.

I said ina different post that the defense can take care of itself until summer. I still believe that, but I think Weir should be rested for a few games. Maybe put Papac into middle or, as you say, unless Webster is ever going to play for us.

Seems strange he is still here and we are still paying his wages when he should be back at Wigan and have them paying his wages. There is something in that

I like Webster, but can he stay fit? He seems injury prone to me. I hope he pulls through and surprises all of us.

I like him too, to be honest.

I hope he does get fit and stay in that condition. It would be like having a new player in the team.

I think the games are catching up with Weir,

Think about it when was the last time he played a lot of games like 20+ a season....

Since he has came here he has played in nearly every game for club and country and i think he might be in need of a rest.

I hope Webster does a Woodgate, hes bacame a fantastic player for Middlesbrough and looks as if he is over his injury worries!!

I thought Webster was good for Hearts and Scotland a few years ago and he done well against Gretna, would be good to get a fit Webster in the team so we can judge him properly.

I can understand the concerns but we should beware of writing Weir off. Richard Gough said that, once you reach a certain stage in your career, folk start saying you're finished when you have a bad spell whereas, if you were a different age, they would just put it down to bad form or whatever.

I think Weir has been one of best signings in recent years but I think his drawbacks are now starting to show up more and more often.

He had a nightmare against 'Well and while he wasn't the only player to have one, I'd like to see us sign a new centre-half if Webster cannot prove his fitness very soon.

Weir has been an absolute sensation but his age is catching up with him. He seem's to be getting slower by the game and his distribution is terrible. Sit's too deep and everytime someone runs at him you fear the worst. This time of the year and the state of the pitches does not help either.

I think he needs a rest but I wouldn't drop him for anyone else in the squad, that includes Broadfoot, Papac or Ehiogu. Webster is a good player but is the guy ever going to be fit? If he does not prove that he can stay injury free from now until the end of the season then we should punt him!

A quality CB is needed to replace Weir. I wouldn't touch Anderson(seem's like he's had his injury problems this season and he can't even get into the Sunderland defence which has injuries and is worse than a PLG defence) I'd take Berra but I cannot see Hearts allowing him to leave for the money we have.

The chances are that WS will look to sign a Scot to play at the back. I suspect it will be Webster but if he doesn't prove his fitness then who realistically does it leave us to look at? Probably Anderson or Berra?

Berra is a good shout but we should sign Mark Reynolds from Motherwell