I am sick of Kris boyd sitting on the bench.

mcpherson888

Should Kris Boyd be a regular!  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Should Kris Boyd be a regular!

• Yes
    • No

I know its a mystery but why is he sitting on the bench. Whenever he comes on he scores. So why.

O and also if walter had made the right decision in the champs league, we would not be out. Do you think boyd would have missed the sitter darcheville did. Cousin is pretty much impotent when it comes to goals. And also what happened to 2 strikers.

I think walter should realize its only the Scottish prem and not the champs league every week. So there is no need for defensive boring tactics. It worked with Scotland, but that was because we were underdogs, rangers are not.

Who agrees bring Boyd back, before its too late.

Welcome to the board mcpherson.

I do agree that Boyd should be brought back into the team. However if he doesn't svore every game or misses one sitter the hounds will be out.

I am not altogether sure on what you mean by too late. Too late for what exactly??

At what point has walter been stubborn about boyd?

Over the last 6/7 games we've had as a strike force

JCD

Cousin

Naismith + boyd

Naismith + cousin

And boyds been on the bench when not played. He doesn't always get goals, so sticking boyd on doesn't guarentee a goal, it's not like if he starts, the ref gives us a goal start. Plus we've been playing 4-4-2 since we've been knocked out the champs league, "defensive boring tactics"... no.

Also, he's trying out buffel and burke, which will give us a much needed flair that "krissy krissy boyd" can't bring.

I'd start boyd above cousin, i'll agree with you there, but please, don't say walter is too stubborn with boyd when he is clearly picking the best team he believes can win.

Our strike force has been appalling this year. Admittedly its as much due to midfielders and "wingers" not producing. If a team scores one goal against us in a match we struggle, I seriously doubt our ability to score 2 goals in any game. Previously with Boyd up front we were never quite as bad as this at scoring goals

I wouldn't set too much store by rumours.

And didn't we play with two strikers yesterday (Cousin and Naismith)?

Yup we did. Then we switched to buffel and boyd.

We had a greta goalscoring and defending record at the beginning of the season because we had a functional midfield. Fergie scoring 3 goals in his first two games. But everything is slowly declining. We need a boost in midfield, and the goals will come again. Naismith, boyd cousin, JCD and novo can all score, but they can't without a midfield breaking up attacks and starting a counter.

Cousin scored a goal yesterday, had a header off the bar and he did well to get a good strike in that led to the corner for our 2nd goal. His overall performance was mixed, but still a better all round display than Boyd ever manages in my opinion. Cousin has more ability, he's able to create space for himself, take men on.............

Boyd has started 10 games this season(all games against your bog standard Scottish sides), and appeared 6 times as a substitute. Cousin has started 10 games this season (5 of which came in the Champions League and against Celtic), and appeared 3 times as a substitute. So I don't really see how Boyd hasn't been given a fair chance to show what he's capable of.

Boyd has started 8 SPL matches, and scored 7 goals.

Cousin has started 6 SPL matches, and scored 6 goals.

When you say he played two strikers yesterday, I wouldn't really count buffel and Naismith as strikers.

And again all the facts that people are coming up with indicate Boyd is better than cousin. The goals say it all.

Oh but what is that i hear you say. He only scores goals. Goals win matches, Goals win leagues.

And also never once has Boyd been able to prove himself in champions league, and don't suppose he will get the chance.

I know its a mystery but why is he sitting on the bench. Whenever he comes on he scores. So why.

O and also if walter had made the right decision in the champs league, we would not be out. Do you think boyd would have missed the sitter darcheville did. Cousin is pretty much impotent when it comes to goals. And also what happened to 2 strikers.

I think walter should realize its only the Scottish prem and not the champs league every week. So there is no need for defensive boring tactics. It worked with Scotland, but that was because we were underdogs, rangers are not.

i agree 100%

I do agree, but you must remeber that Walter see's the lad on the training ground ever day and i am sure if he thought that he was worth a start he would. Did you see the Hearts game the other week? he was pretty poor.

Mabe he is gonna be an ollie gunnar solskjaer for us and come off the bench and score as he does seem to do well off the bench???

I have been supporting Boyd since i came on here, but i just spoke to me cousin from Ayr who went to school with Boyd and he says that he is very very fond of a drink or ten!

And when i think back i went through to see him about 6months ago and who was in the pub out of his face....Kris Boyd.

I dont think its a problem as even football players need to let of some steam but as someone said earlier he might have done something to annoy smith.

But its really annoying me that he doesnt play.

13 games 6 as a sub and has scored 10goals. Thats top class!!

Kris Boyd's work ethic and conditioning embody the current problems with Scottish Football, while his natural finishing ability highlights the undeniable talent and heart Scottish players can possess.

Frankly, I think both Boyd and Cousin can score goals with consistency, and the problem lies farther back in central midfield in the likes of Adam and Ferugson. Lack of creativity seems to have been addressed with Buffel on the bench, but no one in the Rangers center scares the opposition at the moment. The absence of Novo and Beasley outwide over the last month has lead to some dreadful efforts in midfield.

Kris Boyd's work ethic and conditioning embody the current problems with Scottish Football, while his natural finishing ability highlights the undeniable talent and heart Scottish players can possess.

Frankly, I think both Boyd and Cousin can score goals with consistency, and the problem lies farther back in central midfield in the likes of Adam and Ferugson. Lack of creativity seems to have been addressed with Buffel on the bench, but no one in the Rangers center scares the opposition at the moment. The absence of Novo and Beasley outwide over the last month has lead to some dreadful efforts in midfield.

I honestly think that over the past few games his work rate and effort have improved massively against Kilmarnock he was all over the place and had JCD not got injured i think we would have hammered them!

Boyd and JCD would be a great partnership when JCD is fit!!

I'd play Boyd and JCD every week with Naismith or Buffel in support. Burke out wide too. Maybe Gow on the left. We need pace and creativity. Novo off the bench too.

Let's attack in numbers.

Gotta get the midfield sorted out going forward. BF needs to step up big time.

We can win the SPL if we go after it.

I have been supporting Boyd since i came on here, but i just spoke to me cousin from Ayr who went to school with Boyd and he says that he is very very fond of a drink or ten!

And when i think back i went through to see him about 6months ago and who was in the pub out of his face....Kris Boyd.

I dont think its a problem as even football players need to let of some steam but as someone said earlier he might have done something to annoy smith.

Mate i live in Troon and these rummors have been flying about for ages but they are a load of shite. It's tarrier talk.

Mate i live in Troon and these rummors have been flying about for ages but they are a load of shite. It's tarrier talk.

I dunno mate, my cousin is Rangers daft and i doubt he would make it up!!!

And i have seen him myself!!

The latest rumour I heard was that Boyd/Fergie/McCulloch/Hutton and Adam were all out in Tarbolton gettin steamin on the sunday night before the Lyon game on the arranged free weekend....and that Fergie got locked out his home fae his misses!!

Also that Boyd has failed a few drugs tests at the club.....likes the white powder apparently!!!

(Heard all this fae rangers fans by the way !!!)

If any of it is true you can understand where Cousin and even PLG were comin from.....Shockin behavior fae supposed pro athletes!!

Fits in with the rumour that of that weekend that Fergie got caught playing away ;)

Do we reraly need to be posting these kind of posts on here???

Where else should we post them?

Mate, there have been "rumors" about Rangers players since the team was formed, they are just that RUMORS so talk about them between oursleves but not in the world wide web.

The one above about players being on coke makes my blood boil because all the tarriers that will be looking at the post will be loving it.

FFS here we go again.

How can you be sick of him being on the bench when he STARTED 2 recent SPL games against Kilmarnock and Hearts and scored a big fat ZERO goals.

Some of you Boyd fans are paranoid.

Not at all mate, i dont think its shocking behavior!

Everyone needs to let off some steam now and again and the life of a pro footballer is much more strenuous than that average person i would think!

Yeah, that £12k (£600,000 a year) AT LEAST a week must be sooo stressful.

They're neds and that's the end of it.

Of course they are entitled to let off steam now and again.....just not a few days before a make or break Champions league decider!! Is this the match preperation Rangers fought to get a Gretna game call off for....I think not!!!

I've been on a few drinkin sessions in my time, and I know you still dont feel your best a few days later!! (I'm feelin it the now!!)

Mate the story is a lot of shit. it started off that Boyd was there swigging straight outta a bottle of Buckfast and shouting at the ref all game. Now it's got 3 more players and columbian marching powder involved.

I don't think we should allow such rumours the air to breathe on this forum to be honest. Surely this is a Rangers forum for Rangers fans who are proud of their club and wouldn't want to stain our reputation with rumours.............this forum may be FOR Rangers fans, but we're not the only ones that read it, of that I'm sure. Whether it's tic fans or the media.......

Constructive criticism is healthy, but only when we're dealing with facts. Whether that is a players performance or behaviour that has been widely reported in the media and has perhaps been acknowledged through an official statement from the club.

We should give no time to rumours in my opinion. We all hear them, and I would bet that 99.99% of them are utter crap.

I find it quite awful that due to our club captain going through a period of poor form, fans now see fit to bring up rumours of drunken nights out, drug taking, being locked out of his home and 'playing away'. Fickle, distasteful, unsubstantiated and utterly uncalled for. (td)