Now Christmas has been and gone

bearwhocares

....the season so far. I think we all agree we are in a far stronger position than this time last year. Why ? Well we could'nt have got much worse ! Walters arrival was a much needed boost and the players responded to the new manager with a smile on their faces and a renewed confidence. Walter put his new coaching staff together and the return of Super Ally certainly gave the fans a much needed feel good factor.Well how has it panned out ?

SPL.........Presently sitting 2 points behind the Scum with two games in hand. P17 W12 D2 L3 GF41 GA15. Celtic well stuffed at Ibrox 3 - 0 and managed to put

7 goals past Falkirk in August. The downside being beaten at home by both the Edinburgh clubs. All in all not a great league campaign so far but I

believe we are making progress and not many teams will leave Ibrox with any points in the SPL. Just to remind you, after Boxing day last year the

stats were - P21 W10 D5 L6.

EUROPE.. A great start in qualifying then a brilliant run of games against teams who were champions in their respective leagues.A big disappointment against

Lyon but who would have gave us a chance of finishing 3rd in THE GROUP OF DEATH ? In retrospect we didn't do too bad and we are'nt out of Europe

yet and with a little bit of luck...who knows ?

DOMESTIC CUPS.... We are still in both competitions and I think we will definately take at least one back to the trophy room.

Overall you have to admit we have improved ,but we at Rangers rightly expect to be the best and wont be happy until we have title number 52 in the bag.To

achieve this we have keep improving and Walter has now to take the next step. IMO we have to put the fear of God into opposing teams and two up front must become the rule rather than the exception. A settled strike formation is a must and, while we all wont be happy with what particular partnership is decided upon,

the quicker it happens the better.We have a decent squad but it can and must be improved upon.The full back situation is still not resolved and if Stevie is not going to be involved soon we have to make it a priority.Big Davie is starting to show signs of wear and tear and we need cover badly. The enigma of Barry is starting to get worrying. A great captain,no doubt about it. I believe hes trying too hard and should ALLOW those around him to take more responsibility or I fear the worst. Finally, we have some talented youngsters on the books but if we dont give some of them the experience they undoubtably need then we will lose them and that would be criminal or was Murray Park really a pipe dream ? So fellow bears its work in progress and positively speaking we ARE getting better and we WILL get there but because WE are WHO we are. WE ARE RANGERS !! FOLLOW FOLLOW !!

....the season so far. I think we all agree we are in a far stronger position than this time last year. Why ? Well we could'nt have got much worse ! Walters arrival was a much needed boost and the players responded to the new manager with a smile on their faces and a renewed confidence. Walter put his new coaching staff together and the return of Super Ally certainly gave the fans a much needed feel good factor.Well how has it panned out ?

SPL.........Presently sitting 2 points behind the Scum with two games in hand. P17 W12 D2 L3 GF41 GA15. Celtic well stuffed at Ibrox 3 - 0 and managed to put

7 goals past Falkirk in August. The downside being beaten at home by both the Edinburgh clubs. All in all not a great league campaign so far but I

believe we are making progress and not many teams will leave Ibrox with any points in the SPL. Just to remind you, after Boxing day last year the

stats were - P21 W10 D5 L6.

EUROPE.. A great start in qualifying then a brilliant run of games against teams who were champions in their respective leagues.A big disappointment against

Lyon but who would have gave us a chance of finishing 3rd in THE GROUP OF DEATH ? In retrospect we didn't do too bad and we are'nt out of Europe

yet and with a little bit of luck...who knows ?

DOMESTIC CUPS.... We are still in both competitions and I think we will definately take at least one back to the trophy room.

Overall you have to admit we have improved ,but we at Rangers rightly expect to be the best and wont be happy until we have title number 52 in the bag.To

achieve this we have keep improving and Walter has now to take the next step. IMO we have to put the fear of God into opposing teams and two up front must become the rule rather than the exception. A settled strike formation is a must and, while we all wont be happy with what particular partnership is decided upon,

the quicker it happens the better.We have a decent squad but it can and must be improved upon.The full back situation is still not resolved and if Stevie is not going to be involved soon we have to make it a priority.Big Davie is starting to show signs of wear and tear and we need cover badly. The enigma of Barry is starting to get worrying. A great captain,no doubt about it. I believe hes trying too hard and should ALLOW those around him to take more responsibility or I fear the worst. Finally, we have some talented youngsters on the books but if we dont give some of them the experience they undoubtably need then we will lose them and that would be criminal or was Murray Park really a pipe dream ? So fellow bears its work in progress and positively speaking we ARE getting better and we WILL get there but because WE are WHO we are. WE ARE RANGERS !! FOLLOW FOLLOW !!

Sorry about the previous post. Pressed the wrong button :blush: