The Davie Cooper Cup Final

BlueSuedeSambas

Aye, I was there aswell. My 2nd final I think, had been to a League Cup Final at Parkhead when Hampden was getting 'improved'.

Right down the front, put me off going to Hampden again quite a lot cause of the stairs back up to the top of the stand there at Full Time! Was shattered.

Always remember that Maurice Ross goal though and looking at the betting slip after it and going doh! Then there was Bob Malcolm at Centre-back, recipe for disaster with his lack of pace shall we say!

Was a good day though and went for a Indian at the Bouly afterwards. Loved the rice shaped like an igloo on my plate, great memories!

Aye, I was there aswell. My 2nd final I think, had been to a League Cup Final at Parkhead when Hampden was getting 'improved'.

Strangely enough that was the other cup final I went to.

We have so much in common :blush: :kiss1:

Interesting, when someone mentions the Davie Cooper Final I always think of the 81 Scottish Cup Final

Both great performances though

Sadly that was before my time, but it just shows how well thought of, and how great the man was.

Not many individuals have people from two different genrations consider a cup final to be his cup final. If that makes sense :lol:

Interesting, when someone mentions the Davie Cooper Final I always think of the 81 Scottish Cup Final

Both great performances though

Sadly that was before my time, but it just shows how well thought of, and how great the man was.

Not many individuals have people from two different genrations consider a cup final to be his cup final. If that makes sense :lol:

It was my first cup final as well, we only got tickets because there was a replay - if you remember Cooper was dropped completely for the Final by John Greig and was brought back in for the replay. Ill never forget, I was front row in the main stand and Cooper was right there in front of me, tearing the United right back a new one, in fact, just toying with him at times.

Has to be remembered that United team was a VERY good side and Cooper destroyed them with a little help from Bobby Russell and John McDonald.

Wow, Bobby Russell, theres a thought, how well would he at his peak fit into our side today?