All Motherwell's attacks came down our left

J_RFC87

Espicially in that 15minute period in the 2nd half, when they had 2 one on ones.

I like my defenders defending, not helping out in attacks. That's why we have midfielders and forwards. When Whittaker goes forward, he leaves a hole which he isn't fast enough to get back too. Drags a CH out to cover him, and gaps appear.

Need to bring back Papac, that left side has looked so slack since he's been away,

Wouldnt really make much of a difference bringing Papac in!

Its the lazy midfielders that wont track back that made it difficult!

Whittaker had 2 and sometimes 3 players to mark yesterday.

Quinn there fullback was bombing forward, McCormack was drifting wide and there noumber 15 was playing wide as well.

Adam and in previous games McCulloch dont track back, and although i thought whittaker had a poor game yesterday he would have been much better if he had some help.

At time thomson had to come over and help him out.

Whittaker was even dropping in deep to help Weir with McCormack who was ripping big Davie to pieces.

Its easy to say, there attacks were coming down the left must have been because our left back is shit but even the best LB in the world couldnt cope with 3 players round him!!

Whittaker was poor I though, one throw in they had 1st half level with 6 yard box, he was standing there like a spare prick next to weir I think, then went after McCormack I think then stopped and didnt track his man and mccormack got the ball, totally off the pace

the ride side with hutton and burke is fine. I cant see a better right side in the spl tbh!

The left however is FLAT we have a 2 mil RB/RW who is useless. Dont say hes to young because there are younger in the spl that i would rather have. you then have adam, who thinks at times hes brazilian and is also a lazy bassa.

I really cannot wait for the day we see stevie smith come back, i hope he does and all we need is him n beasley(not convinced with him yet) back and the left should be fine also.

all attacks from other teams come down the left because they know its weak.

I reckon Walter thinks Whittaker gives us a better attacking option. But he is not strong enough defensively. Papac should be brought back for Hibs and Celtic at least.

I agree mate i think that Papac is more solid when it comes to defending but when he has 2 or 3 players coming at him there is very little he can do.

Bringing in Papac for Whittaker is not the perfect solution, we need to get the midfield sorted!

Maybe McCulloch should come back on the left of midfield. But I reckon he'll play on the right in place of Burke.

i wouldnt bring him back i think burke showed us a new meaning to our attack and also i witnessed the first ginger afro in my life when he took to the field

I think you are all really missing the point here....

I sit Govan Front in line with the 18 yard line and even if you had Ashley Cole or Evra or the best left back in the world we would still struggle at the left hand side.

The midfield leave our LB far too exposed.

We play the ball long to McCulloch out on the left and he will try and get his head to the ball inside there half usually. He then if we lose the ball should be tracking back to help the fullback but he doesnt.

Adam is the same he very rarely tracks back and yesterday Thomson was left to cover the left hand side and that left us exposed in the middle.

Dont get me wrong Motherwell played well yesterday and whittaker wasnt great but there is very little a LB can do when he has 2 and 3 players to deal with!