Georgios Samaras

Ted E Bayer

Greek Striker currently at Man City. Struggling to get regular games under Eriksson. Only 23. I think he's a gifted player who'd be available for little money.

Although he doesn't have a fantastic goal to game ratio for a striker, when he first signed for Man City he was excellent. Great control, good bit of skill and could be a fantastic partner for a goal scoring machine such as Boyd.

I'd love to see WS buy him. Thoughts?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when he first signed for Man City he was excellent

I thought he was quite poor, although i ll put that down to taking time to settle, and his first game was shocking, i still remember it, i dont know if hes the kind of player we would need to compliment boyd though

A striker who has bags of ability but doesn't give a shit? We've got one of them...

Who said he doesn't give a shit?

P.s. Cousin can be good but doesn't have "bags of ability" imo.

He just always came across as the lazy, uninterested type to me.

A good player though.

He doesn't have the best scoring record in the world for Man City, but he hasn't actually had all that many starts and to be fair how many 21 year olds come to England from abroad and are instantly goal machines?

For Herrenveen and Greece his record is pretty decent and although some see him as lazy, but did Sven not recently praise his willingness to fight for a place in the team?

He's always looked like quite a technically sound, cultured player and that is something that we desperately need.

Another non scoring "striker", not what we need.

We have a goal scoring MACHINE already!! You're missing the point completely.

He's always looked like quite a technically sound, cultured player and that is something that we desperately need.

Exactly!

• 4 weeks later...

decent player but not got a great goalscoring record. Think birmingham are going to pay £3.5m for him. i would be wanting someone with a better goals to games ratio for that sort of money. big eck must be loving it down there, finally getting to spend some decent money on players, even if he is paying over the odds for some of them ie mcfadden.

decent player but not got a great goalscoring record. Think birmingham are going to pay £3.5m for him. i would be wanting someone with a better goals to games ratio for that sort of money. big eck must be loving it down there, finally getting to spend some decent money on players, even if he is paying over the odds for some of them ie mcfadden.

aye i know hes fair laying it about. if i was a birmingham fan i'd be shitting it, as he didnt exactly have the greatest eye for a player when he was at us (with a few exceptions of course)

I've always liked samaras, but dont think we can afford him

signing for birmingham

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...=rss&feed=5

Looks like the Birmingham deal is off....

£2.5m for a player like Samaras is a bargain as far as i'm concerned, we should be using the Cousin money to be targeting players like this and NOT player like Luke Moore...

signing for birmingham

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/...=rss&feed=5

Looks like the Birmingham deal is off....

£2.5m for a player like Samaras is a bargain as far as i'm concerned, we should be using the Cousin money to be targeting players like this and NOT player like Luke Moore...

Just like it is with Moore, I havent seen enough of this guy to form a true opinion - but what I have seen didn't impress me if Im honest.

I would approach any of these 2 in the same way I did JCD and Cousin when they signed...give them the benefit of the doubt and trust in Walter.

According to the daily mail, Rangers will bid £2.5 million for Samaras, who has only scored 1 goal this season

Yeah, Sven doesnt fancy him (which says he must be f**kin ugly :D) hence the small goal tally. I must admit Im not a fanbut I'll give him the benefit of the doubt til i see him week in week out.