Georgios Samaras

Ted E Bayer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest therabbitt

I think this guy would be a bargain at £2.5 mill in my opinion - he was very highly rated before he came to Man City (he was very strongly linked with Arsenal before signing for City) and I think many would have struggled in that Man City side last year - they were pure rank!

I dont necessarily think that Sven doesnt rate him as a player - I think it is more of a case that he doesnt fit into their system Sven is wanting to play. I think Sven wants a target man who can take into feet and hold the ball up for their wingers and for their attacking midfielder, and the aerial ability is less important. I could be wrong and it could be argued that the type of player Sven needs is similar to what we actually need, but all in all I think Samaras could do us a really really good turn - he's only 22!!!!

I think this guy would be a bargain at £2.5 mill in my opinion - he was very highly rated before he came to Man City (he was very strongly linked with Arsenal before signing for City) and I think many would have struggled in that Man City side last year - they were pure rank!

I dont necessarily think that Sven doesnt rate him as a player - I think it is more of a case that he doesnt fit into their system Sven is wanting to play. I think Sven wants a target man who can take into feet and hold the ball up for their wingers and for their attacking midfielder, and the aerial ability is less important. I could be wrong and it could be argued that the type of player Sven needs is similar to what we actually need, but all in all I think Samaras could do us a really really good turn - he's only 22!!!!

Totaly agree m8, I reckon for £2.5m he could turn out to be a bargain. I've seen him play a few times for City and I was impressed the few times I've seen him, he looks as if he has an eye for goal as well.

I think this would be a great buy for us. He certainly skips Marcus Bent and Luke Moore in the queue for me.

Only 22, big tall guy, 6ft 4 I think and had a decent scoring rate in Holland. He's still young enough for our coaching staff to squeeze his potential out of him and I think he's got the tools to be a success in the SPL.

Lets be honest, most of the players we are linked with are going to be 'damaged goods'. Guys that are flying in the top leagues are going to be out of our price range, so we need to show a sharp eye for players that are struggling but have the ability/potential to do us a turn. I think Samaras fits the bill and £2.5m is a very fair price.

I would suggest that is exactly the type of player Walter is looking for - so lets hope that for our sake this is part of his game.

Gers' £2.75m bid for Samaras

by Darrell King

MANCHESTER CITY'S Greek striker Georgios Samaras is thinking over a £2.75m move to Rangers.

And Alan Hutton was back at Murray Park today after signing talks last night at Spurs.

SportTimes can reveal that Man City accepted Rangers' offer for the 22-year-old Samaras at the weekend. Boss Sven Goran Eriksson then pulled him out of the squad that lost 2-1 at Sheffield United in the FA Cup.

The 6ft 4in striker - signed from Dutch side Heerenveen two years ago for £6m - was today making a decision after also attracting Bolton, Middlesbrough, and Espanyol.

advertisement

Samaras fears he has no long-term future at City under Eriksson after featuring just seven times.

The City boss wants to use the cash to buy Brazilian striker Vagner Love from CSKA Moscow.

The 12-times capped Samaras must decide whether to give it six months more at City - or move north, possibly on a loan deal, with a view to a permanent contract in the summer.

It is believed that Samaras has been offered a three-and-a-half-year deal worth more than £1.3m a season, which would make him the highest paid player at Rangers.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...1998664.0.0.php

Guest therabbitt

Wonder what the coo was on?? Thats quite a large investment in my opinion, for what is a gamble.

Although a loan deal till the end of the season would make sense - if he can cut it he might be worth the investment, if not bye bye birdie...

Don't know mate?

What's your thoughts on Samaras?

I'm not sure actually.

He has been pretty garbage at Man City, but to be fair to him he was playing in a shit team and not many players come into the Premier League at that age and are instant goal machines. And ot being in the team is obviously going to hurt his confidence.

At Herenveen he looked cultured as hell and if anybody can restore his confidence and make him get the best of his talent it's WS (tu)

At Herenveen and with Greece he had a far better record, and if he can use that huge physique and technical ability to his advantage then I woul take a record of 1 in 3 if it meant he brought other sinto the game and set up chances too.

His rumoured laziness is a bit worrying, but we can't really look into that too much. If he has the quality he will do the business.

And anyway I'm sure Sven praised him not long ago for his willingness to work hard for his place...........

Ideally if we have the option of a six month loan first then I'm all for it (tu)